View Single Post
Old 11th August 2002, 07:21 PM

It would throw up a lot of winners (but I doubt it would make 80% in Australia - particularly on mid-week racing). Unfortunately average dividend would be pretty low.

I don't have the morning starting prices in my database but the shortest TAB starter today that satisfied the criteria was Golden Whirl in Race 5 at Casterton. Last 3 starts 212, started at $1.80 on Tabcorp - didn't run a place.
Yesterday we had Green Pick in Race 2 Sandown (111, started $1.60 on Tabcorp) - didnt run a place and also Zaheed in race 5 Belmont (311, also at $1.60) which won.
Friday there was Snippets Jewel in Tamworth race 2 (131, $1.90) - finished 3rd paying $1.10 the place.

So last three days there were 4 starters for a single winner and a fairly big loss. I realise the selections may be different if you look at starting prices from the morning paper - maybe someone else who has the papers for last few days can see if these selections were the same or if something else would have been selected. Also what is the rule if you have two selections at same price - back them both or go for the best record?