Thread: MY SYSTEM
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 05:24 PM

Shaun further to my last post here, do not be discouraged by what I said...the system throws up some very nicely priced winners providing you apply some strict rules to it to make a profit.
1) Make sure the horse has good quality previous form. Not only strike rate but class factor as well.
2)I would start backing it after it has won coming back from a spell. Often horses are spelled because of injury and never regain their best form.
3) We often see horses who perform well as 2YO but just can't quite cut it as a 3YO.There are exceptions but you have to choose carefully.
4)I would only follow horses metro starts, not provincial...with the exception of country cups etc.Often trainers use country tracks to build up fitness or of a test of ability for younger horses. Those horses who win in the country are often not up to city standards.
5)There are exceptions to all of these rules,but it should weed out a lot of losing streaks for you.
P.S. My conclusions are built up around class horses with leading trainers, not average horses. Just because a horse won a provincial class 4/5 say, it does not mean you follow it in a huge rise in class next start. E.G. A class 5 at kilmore and it's next start is a Group race at Flemington. Rarely they will be good enough.