Thread: Rugby Union
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2020, 05:22 AM

Default Super Rugby Round 22 (AU Final)

Here comes the last prediction for the “season” or whatever we just had. We should see a really competitive final.

So, what will 2021 bring for super rugby. Here is what I would like to see, so much so, that I sent a detailed suggestion to SANZAAR. Considering that travel restrictions won’t be ending any time soon, I’d like to see the season start with simultaneous 10-week domestic double round robins for Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. If Australia sticks with the Force, then NZ and Australia would both have completely domestic competition. SA has to decide if they like SANZAAR or SANZAR, the extra “A” being Argentina in their 10 weeks.

Next, the top three in each country would be shuffled into three groups where the number three from one country would play at the number two in another country with the winner would play at the number one in the third country. The three number ones would play a round robin for the championship. I gave them some ways to work around quarantines. It was worth a try.

IF SA bugs out, then the Trans-Tasman AU-NZ version of what I wrote above could be played, as was suggested in comments.

Stay well everyone and I’ll see you next “season”.

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc Super Rugby Round 22.doc (55.0 KB, 1328 views)