View Single Post
Old 21st February 2014, 04:51 PM

Little off topic but for some reason this thread reminded me of a recent quote from a TV series I am loving at the moment - True Detective. Perhaps it was because of the unhappiness many feel but are unable to adequately explain, who knows.

I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Not sure which side to fall on when it comes to the climate change debate as to be honest I trust very little of what I hear in the public domain. But I believe that if it is us, the human race, that it threatening the future of the planet, then nature will have a giant say in if we can continue doing so.