View Single Post
Old 21st May 2002, 12:40 AM

Hi Becareful
Regarding Mr Magic- I see what you/him are saying, only I still say that there is a better than even chance for a next win given a losing streak- BASED ON PAST PERFORMANCE. That is the thing about racing- it is not an open-ended system like coin tossing. It is a closed system- a champion jockey does not, at the end of a long career, break even with the "mean" winning average of all jockeys... He has his own average at a relatively higher than average level- otherwise he would retire as a mediocre jockey! So the average should be over a closed range, and thus MUST achieve higher than "chance" scores throughout! Three out of ten stuff, not three thousand out of ten thousand...

Quote:
"As for your loss analysis can I just ask how you get 50 2-unit losses when we have stated there are only 44 2-unit bets? The total number of losses in my example is 74.5 which is roughly 44%."

You have me stumped! LOL! I think my logic left me there- I have no idea how I got there in the first instance... I might have got mixed up with units lost? I was convinced then, though your stats makes sense now. Apologies all over...