Thread: Can be unlucky?
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
My classic story i recall at times a horse back in the 90s i think by the name of Hayley's Belle.

I was in the TAB one Saturday and there was a decent race running with some ok runners of the time, well this this horse shoots out and leads them by a good margin in to the straight then just slows to a walk, the race caller was saying she tired but to me it didn't look it so i marked her down as one to follow.

I followed her all over the provincials and the best she could do was a few placings, i thought maybe i hadn't see what i thought i did, every time i went down to back this horse the TAB agent would say i was devoted.

She would always tell me before i even got to her that we almost did it this time, she was following her as well.

Well i have no idea of the year but i know it was NY day she was entered in a race in Sydney and i was planning on heading down there to back her, we as it would be a big night put pay to that cause i didn't wake till 2pm, headed down to the tab to enjoy the rest of the day.

I get there and this woman has this huge grin on her face and says we did it, i am like your kidding and i missed it, didn't have a cracker on her, and the bite is she paid around $125 and $25 a place, i was gutted.

So a few days later i am back at the Tab putting on a bet she comes up to me while i am looking at the form and hands me an envelope and says it isn't much but thanks, she gave me a grand, so i have no idea how much she had in it.

Can't remember ever seeing that horse run again, a few years later i was at the racing expo and i see the trainer he was answering questions about racing, so i asked him about the horse what ever happened to her, gees you never seen a guy make an excuse to leave so quick.

now that i can read,

might have been one of Laurie Connell's.
they seemed to win at big prices and then vanish