View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntz
There is a way around this though, a "sure fire" way the bets/data bytes will usually always be accepted out of your respective PC/Program,
98% ~ of the time.
Can you elaborate on what that sure fire way is?

Having been around punting for a long time now I have played around with auto betting, I have a personally programed solution that uses betfair and there are few others like Net Bet pro and Rapid bet but these are TOTE solutions and only accept Tote win/place bets and exotics; not fixed bets.

Betting to fixed prices is nearly impossible due to the possibility of having your bet reduced/rejected/price change. Betfair is the only one because you know what liquidity is available at a price so that is a unique situation. And regrdless of what criticism is leveled at betfair regarding commissions and down time, theirs is a top class API.

But automatically betting fixed price and having an option where to bet is the most important. As I already mentioned the limitations apply outside of betfair that make it very hard to do this; unless you accept that 'you get what you get' when you place a bet which most people don't (rightfully) want to accept. There is one further risk; after spending hundreds of hours setting up your automated betting you get your account/access shut off, (remember most agencies are not interested in winners)that would just be lovely!

There are some other solutions Im sure and I would be interested in hearing about them as I don't have the time to research this as much as I would like.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/