View Single Post
Old 6th August 2015, 02:35 PM

Default My Journey to date

Hi all
Thought I'd let forumites know how I've come to where I am today. I've been punting on horses for over 50 years so I've been around a few dry waterholes. Back before computers up in Townsville we used to get the Sportsman and other racing papers not before the Friday morning so it was up 'til midnight and early Sat pouring over form. A lot of work for sometimes nil return. Then computers and here is where I have to give a very big thank you to Shaun. I've been using his spreadsheets since he was using Virtual Form for the form side of things and it is only since then and with his help once that I'm where I am today. I used to have the Ratings Bureau GTX program and that is where I developed some systems that I use today. I no longer have GTX mainly because I wasn't disciplined enough - my fault,not theirs. Since Shaun has given his spreadsheets freely I have incorporated six systems that I devised with GTX and I use them but only on Ratings 70 races and above. I back the top 2 as long as they are in the top 5 price ratings so I'm at the short end of the market. Today I have bet Coffs Race 6- Mt Isa Race 8 and Seymour Race 9. Like Shaun, wet tracks don't seem to bother me greatly. I can give my selections if you want - no secrets here.
Been looking at the posts and thought I should add something.