View Single Post
Old 5th March 2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
depending on what you run AWS EC2 instance is the easiest method to do it. You can get free trials for very small machines.

I have the same issue but just run it from home as

1) added cost to run a decent server (m3large is $ 189.59 per month)
2) significant cost to move my database into the cloud. ($902 per month)

If you run the cheap low machines its ok but they probably won't be quick enough for what we need.

Overall while there is great benefits in the cloud its very costly and not worth it. I can run a redundant server at home for backups for just one months cost in the cloud.

I have also used this service in the past, depending what your needs are, eg, simple bet placement then a small server will do fine, if you are trying to trade then it may not suit you.

I ran a t2 micro at the time but you may need a t2 small, i was able to run gruss and excel fine with this setup, the best thing about it is you could turn it on at the beginning of the day and shut down at night to save money, even when shut down it would cost you around $15 in idle and about $30 if you ran it for around 6 hours a day, this increases as the size of your server increases.

It was good because i could control from my phone or the desk top, now i just run a virtual drive on my laptop, i find for my needs of being able to run a bot with excel and also work on other excel projects with out conflict that this works fine for me.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee