View Single Post
Old 27th October 2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Cheers for the update, i understand how those highs and lows work, yesterday working with your modified idea i lost on the first race at Randwick, it's kinda a kick in the face backing 5 horses in a 6 horse field and the winner is the one you didn't back.

I was only working on a $150 return but spent the rest of the day chasing it, got in front by about $10 going in to the last bet of the day, bam another loser so ended the day with a loss of $114, still up about $110 for the week on the last day, the numbers are small but am only working with a $1000 bank to start during the trail period.

Shaun,

Im glad it doesn't just happen to me. I know it really is a pain though. I guess from yesterday you have two races you can now look at in order to find a filter so the losses don't happen again. Small fields might be something to avoid ? You would need to check your results though. Maybe a race with too many last start winners ? maybe a race where you have chosen all horses with inside barriers and the winner came from an outside barrier ?

There are lots of ways to analyse a race and find those bad races.

Great to hear your up $110 for the week. Just look at the long term number. I record my record for 1 day, 4 days, 5 days, 7 days, 14 days, 28 days(I class this as one month), 90 days, 180 days and 365 days. As long as some of those numbers keep improving I know I am on the right track. Also make sure anything 28 days and longer is always in profit. Those are the ones to really care about.

hopefully today goes well for you, I am already sitting on about $1300 profit today but its a long way to go and that can disappear quickly.