Thread: "dead" systems
View Single Post
Old 13th December 2002, 10:54 AM

Every topic........good idea mate!Just had to throw my hat in the ring here!Here is an old "dead"purely mechanical system that I played around with some years ago with some degree of success.Scan each race on any program,any day of the week.Look for any horse that has identical placings at it's last three starts,i.e.222/333/444/555/666/777.I used to cut it off at 777,and never bet on 111.Another "golden oldie".In open handicaps and Welters,add the prepost odds to the weight to be carried.Lowest total is the selection,backed on an each way basis,prices permitting.Do not take apprentice allowance into account,Another one...In handicaps with 15 or more runners,concentrate on the top 6 in the weights.In handicaps with 12,13,14 runners concentrate on the top 5 in the weights.In races with 10 or 11 runners concentrate on the top 4.To qualify further,the horse must have finished 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th in at least TWO of it's last 4 starts.Any contender must have had it's last run within the last 21 days.For any contenders remaining,add up the form figures of it's last 4 starts.the horse with the lowest total is the selection.Good luck!!