Thread: Banned
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 11:07 AM

I went to my local footy club on sunday for what they call Ton Club, not sure if any of you are aware of what that is but basically you pay $100, drink free alcohol for 4 hours and have a chance at winning prizes. Anyhow while were standing there having a drink with 200 other people we start having a few fun bets. My mate sneaks over to put $50 fixed on Bossy Lad, Port Macquarie Race 5. Funnily enough i've put $10 on the same horse on the tote and neither of us knew, it runs second and i share my bet with everyone. My mate says to me oh really you were on that too, I tried to get on but this ticket came out and I missed it, never seen this before.

On the ticket it reads something like "Bet cannot be accepted, over betting limit" or something of the sorts, essentially because he's placed a $50 fixed bet on.

Now how on earth can Tatts not handle a $50 fixed price bet on a $7 horse from a random punter among 200 blokes at a footy club? They likely would've made a killing from the machine in our club that day anyhow with a bunch of drunks betting on just about anything.

Pretty sad state of affairs when you can't get a $50 fixed bet on something paying $7's when they can't even identify who you are just that your betting at that footy club. I don't think the machine operator even know what was going on with the ticket and what's even more funny is that the horse lost anyway.