View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyf
Hi all similar to mine(1-2-3-4) apart from ALMOONQITH,
Which needs to elevate up again to a new PB to win won in
Slow time at Geelong hope for natural improvement etc other 1-2-3 the same.

My question is do you take into account breeding, or is it in your product And data base as an adjunct & if it is how hard or easy is it for someone,
Like myself who is at the bottom of the learning curve re this part of racing,
To actually incorporate into a ratings & selection technique.

A brief explanation re the breeding is fine I have the rest thanks.

Cheers.

Hi garyf,

The normal standard breeding information exists such as Sire/Dam. The issue of whether and how you could/should incorporate breeding into your assessments is a challenging one. The issue is that for the most part it is unreliable. You only have to consider the amounts paid both high and low for horses to soon realise that its more often than not a lottery.

Personally we do consider breeding but only as a secondary factor and only in certain situations. Given any interpretations are largely subjective, we are only really ever only trying to get a guide on a horse when its stepping up to a new distance range and we are unsure as to whether it might get the trip. More often that not this question and answer is usually evident by the additional race sectional ratings data that we produce from our source that supply's our verified race and sectional times.

I can tell you that the major syndicates don't factor breeding as an important factor.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/