Thread: y stop
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2005, 10:21 PM

BJ
I don't care how good you are, what ever method you use my feeling is if you continue betting all day UNLESS you have an edge of which less than 1% of punters have on a long term basis then you are going to come out a loser.
I am a firm believer in the law of averages and the law of averages tells me that what I do will put me ahead by 1 to 1.5 points ahead every day at some stage.
My usual bet is $400 sometimes smaller depending on the fixed odds or the size of the pool on the tabs. If I could have got fixed odds of $5 on my bet today I would have bet the $400 but compared to tab prices the fixed price was dismal so the bet was smaller because of pool size.
As mentioned before, everyone to his own thing but just work out $400 bet with a profit daily of 1 to 1.5 points over a month with very few losing days.
Seriously I am in this for the money and nothing else, I don't care if the horse is a champion or a maiden, I don't care if the jockey is in the top 5 or an apprentice having his first ride, as long as my selection runs a hole I am happy.

All the best.