View Single Post
Old 8th March 2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
My understanding is BetfairSP is pretty close to a 100% market which means its only the BF commission that creates the LOT. So backing favorites on BetfairSP people with no commission discounts would achieve a LOT of around 7%, can anyone confirm this is approximately correct?

If the above is correct you can basically create favorite or last start winner systems that might only break even or have a small LOT on TAB divvies but will actually be profitable on Betfair SP.

Yes and No. lol. Its not that easy. Its different depending on what races/country you are looking at.

If you stuck to UK races and major black type races then 5% is generally your loss.

Quote:
Other than a system I use on very short priced favourites, this is my most profitable system so I would agree, backing more horses in a race is the key to profit.

Quote:
Most Professional Bettors would bet 4 + horses in the 1 race.

Quote:
However, the more I tinker with this nebulous world the more I reckon that Race Selection is the key to success.

Sssshhhhh. But seriously has anyone actually thought about why do most professional punters bet 4+ horses in a race ? Its not because tey can't decide between 4 horses. It's because they understand risk, and money management. And at the heart of this is they understand they need consistency. Consistently winning is the key. Your in a better mood, your in better mind set and your bank is generally going up every day.