View Single Post
Old 4th August 2009, 05:31 PM

Default Interesting statistics....!

Hi All,

Recently I purchased the data base from this site, and have spent quite some time doing various searches on it. There is one aspect of it that intrigues me somewhat, so I guess this post is aimed at other users of it. I realise that no one talks about their findings etc, but this wont be giving away that much.

No matter what searches you do, just about all of them have a much better result if you put in....days since last race less than 8. (compared to any other number of days).

The funny thing is though, if you run a search on the total number of winners over the duration of this data base, that won, that had qualified under the days break of less than 8; you get 3,467 winners. Then if you say run a search on horses who won who had 8 to 14 days break from their previous start you get 14,797. 15 to 21 days you get 8,392 and more than 21 days you get 9,046.

What I am getting at here is the fact that the best results come from the smallest quantity of this days since parameter.

Very interesting indeed....!

I am sure someone will have some reasons for this.

At this point following my lengthy analysis' of searches performed on my data base (which I am totally enjoying, I must say), I have come up with a number of systems. Some seem to interlock into other systems, but I did decide to commence my bets from such on last saturday. I had 8 bets for 4 winners and a POT of around 26%, so here's hoping this continues.

Apart from all this I have always maintained that horses are creatures of habit. I happened to back Teasing on saturday as I entered it into my bb following its win 2 starts prior, very good finishing sectionals. It then run in the Ramournie and drew wide, got back, run home well to be beaten just over a length. So I followed up on it. Last preparation this horse won 3rd and 5th up,.....this preparation, exactly the same thing. I am not saying this happens all the time, but I see it soo often.

Paul