View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:44 AM

Default Running BF remotely

Thorns,

There is no issue running BF off a server - I do it, and I run BF when I am in the USA from a server in Sydney.

That said, I operate several servers for my business but they may not be the best solution for you. They are expensive to set up and operate. You are looking at at least $2k in hardware and license costs, plus about $200 per month if you need to have your computer run from a data centre.

What is wrong with leaving your home computer on all day? I work from home and have about 10 computers , most of which have not been switched off in 12 months.

If you have box at your house that is set up the way you want, then you can install some free software like TeamViewer or LogMeIn on your home computer and laptop then access the home box from anywhere in the world.

To answer you other questions - BF restricts some countries from accessing their sites - USA for example BF cannot be accessed via a browser or any computer trying to access the api. You can get around that by using a geoblocker - but the above scenario is much simpler to setup and costs zero