Thread: Soccer
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2018, 10:06 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystef5845
Let's see how the contenders stand right now. We are almost through the first round robin which will be finished with round 19. We just finished round 17. Here are the goal differences and league points.

1. Man City (+38, 44 league points)
2. Liverpool (+30, 45 league points)
3. Chelsea (+21, 37 league points)
4. Tottenham (+15, 39 league points)
5. Arsenal (+14, 34 league points)

That is the same order as for my ratings. So, City is about 1/2 goal better than Liverpool (divide by 17) and 1 or more goals better then the other three. There is some separation between City and Liverpool with the other three and a huge separation after Arsenal.

It gets interesting when we look at the schedule among the five contenders in the second half of the season when each plays the other four. Get this: City is home all four times, Liverpool is home three times and the other three are each home only once. So, City and Liverpool got some separation in the first half of the season among the five even though City had to play the other four away all four times and Liverpool played away in three of four matches. The bottom three were each home three times.

With that really favourable home schedule, City and Liverpool ought to widen their gap. I don’t think that Tottenham (Chelsea or Arsenal) are likely to be tops. Liverpool is only 1/2 goal behind City but up one league point. I like City to win but Liverpool has a solid chance to go top. There can always be unexpected injuries and strategy changes. Klopp could pull it off; but, as I said, I like City.

Good stuff Ray
Liverpool one of my main bets start of the season
Extra bonus,,get my money back if they run 2nd behind City