Thread: Dear Bhagwan
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2002, 10:34 AM

G'day Guys

Of all the punting maxims, one of the most important (to me anyway) is that you MUST apply a working bank to your punting. It helps me to stay absolutely rigid and disciplined.

I have a couple of selection methods to which I apply a separate bank.

I bet 0.5% of my bank per selection (extremely conservative but it means I can sustain long runs of outs).

It also means that if a selection coincides across my methods, then betting 0.5% from each bank means my bet is doubled (or tripled) for that selection.

I bet with confidence knowing that a)I'm betting under a strict plan and b)the strike rate tends to be higher for selections that do coincide.

Betting to a strict working bank is absolutely vital for record keeping and staying disciplined and focussed.

Bhagwan, are you saying you don't apply a working bank to your selection methods and if not, how do you know what your profit/loss is? Does it also lead you to swap and change methods more frequently? I'm not having a go because I admire the way you're not afraid to put yourself up for scrutiny but you do seem to have a new system each week.

Cheers