View Single Post
Old 7th March 2017, 07:56 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Every Topic
I was looking at the activity for a selection of mine on Betfair a few minutes ago and noticed that it had 96% of all the money in the race on it. This was a few seconds before the jump and the horse was paying $1.33 for the win.

This means that just about every punter, amateur and professional, after analysing the race from all their multitude of methods, believed this horse would win.
It did win...

I know lots of people have favourites systems, I do, but weight of money, from a Betfair perspective, is something slightly different as the price is determined by the punters not the back end as in the tote.

I am curious if anyone has a system/ method where they just use the weight of money for the favourite as their guide to betting.

I am not sure how one would test this, either, without having a bot that captures the data a second or two before the jump for every race.

Anyhow... it was an interesting moment for me as I had never really looked at it from this angle.
I shall keep an eye on it :-)

Haven't looked into WOM myself, but if you have dynamic odds, you can add a column showing the total amount matched on each runner for many years going back, so easy enough to look back over the results, all races are listed in time order as well, so handy for you if you are looking for trialling a stop loss style system like you are fond of

I believe they have a free trial as well, so could be worth having a look at.