Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th December 2007, 05:32 PM

What did I assume? I was just tracking the tipsters and based off the success of one of them yesterday thought, well maybe they might be good to follow.

So far the scoreboard is 2 good ones (MV + Scone) and 2 crap ones (Warnambool + Cranbourne).

What have I blown exactly? I don't see what I've done wrong, I'm just speculating here based on the results I've seen so far.

The problem that I've seen so far based on the results, is that even if you do get most of every race the Quinella odds are pretty pathetic. The true measure of a tipster (my opinion) is when they get the ones that pay some decent odds. So then they are not just simply picking the top 4 horses but actually making selections based on some other information I don't know about. Which is really the whole point, since I could just as easily select the top 4 rated horses.

Matthew Hill seems alright so far but I've only tracked one of his races. I say this only because he had a selection that had the quinella end up paying $46.

Last edited by pengo : 30th December 2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 30th December 2007, 05:46 PM
Suspended.

You will get just as good results backing Tab-online first 4.
Old 30th December 2007, 05:48 PM

It cant hurt to follow Pengo...
Old 30th December 2007, 05:58 PM

Radio tipsters are usually journalists or commentators, they do not make money by tipping horses, they are paid to make a selection.
I can guarantee any inside mail is not in their first two picks.

Then you have the guys that know what they are talking about, but they only make guest appearances.

The best way to crack the tipsters who "know" somethng is to keep records of the plunged horses in their selections and how they tip.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 30th December 2007, 07:32 PM

Be careful following any one single persons "tips", especially based on results like those at MV yesterday. 5 favs & 2 2nd favs from 8 races. Any so called "tipster" who didn't get at least 7 winners in their top 3 just wasn't trying.

As for Ron, I think you'll find he made his money in HK, and from horse trading, not from the punt in Sydney.
Old 30th December 2007, 07:41 PM

Yes i think your right there with the Dufficy's Mark...an astute lot in breeding aswell.

I guess what i was saying is, of the tipsters he seems the most genuine. Pointing out his lifestyle / residence was refering to the fact hes not exactly hard up as some & as a keen follower of him he doesnt seem to have, as many , if any, hidden agenders behind what hes saying.

I like the Duff!

Still think following every tip in every race is asking for trouble though. These blokes are asked to give 3 tips in every race. If you listen to the radio Sat moring you can tell they dont like all of them, and who would. Its at the end when you need to listen. ...The bit when they are asked their best of the day and they rattle out 2 or 3 >> they're the ones you need to factor into what you already have

Last edited by King Cugat : 30th December 2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 30th December 2007, 07:52 PM

Those Radio TAB selections have a very good SR of approx 47% in their top 2.
The trick is to try & squeez a better price than what the TAB is offering.

I have found with quinella betting that it is a strong idea to only box ones selections if there is at least 2 ,of the 4 horses being boxed , is paying approx $10+ otherwise the dives will be all around the $15 mark which is not enough to sustain a long term profit.

Cheers.