Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th May 2005, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi
hey Davez i like the stable idea, can you give us some more of your wisdom?

Just as a follow on to Davez's response, not so sure that the stable idea is the ideal why of doing things. Following trainers like Waterhouse and Hawkes is fraught with danger, plenty of winners but plenty of runners as well, sometimes multiple runners in the one race and given the runners these stables have, so easy to miss one or two and we know that it's the ones missed that are probably the ones that win.

A better idea with trainers is perhaps to second-guess their intentions. I do this by watching which horses are being entered for what type of races, in particular horses that are scratched on a regular basis. You would be surprised how many winners can be found by tracking these type or horses.

Two examples today of this were in race 4 @ Geelong and race 3 @ Echuca.

In race 4 @ Geelong, the winner Nambia came from leading Flemington based trainer Brian Mayfield-Smith. It was having only its second race start having finished second in its only other race @ Bendigo back on 15 April. However since 8 April it had been entered in five races and scratched from three, including a race at Kilmore nine days ago. In all of the three races in which it had been scratched the track conditions were rated as good, so for whatever reason, it hadn’t been scratched because of track conditions.

For mine, the trainer was trying to find the ‘right’ race for the horse and he found it today at Geelong.

The winner of race 3 @ Echuca was Paridisally, trained by Grant Dalziel at Cranbourne, a four year old mare having her first race start.

You’ve got to wonder why a Cranbourne based trainer would go all the way to Echuca on a Sunday to give a four year old mare its first race start, more so, given that he has scratched her on three previous occasions in last fortnight.

Again, for mine, another trainer trying to find the ‘right’ race for his horse.
Old 15th May 2005, 03:33 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks guys that is all useful info for an NZer betting on Auzzie racing.

Some of the trainers you have mentioned I havn't considered before.

I think the classes are simpler to follow in N.Z.It is quite easy to measure a drop or improvement in opposition.You also find there is not a great difference between provincial and city racing.

Reading the trainers intentions is an art form I will need to develop as i gain an understanding of which are provincial and country courses.
Paddy posted a useful thread on that subject

Last edited by kiwi : 15th May 2005 at 03:37 PM.