Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th December 2002, 09:53 PM

Has anyone got a clear definition of what class is. The ability of a horse to accelerate when called upon is the best I can come up with. Wouldn't anyone care to comment on how they measure class.
Old 27th December 2002, 11:40 PM

If Sunline raced in a picnic handicap, why would she win. Class is the simple answer. If she had the proverbial grandstand and bozo the clown on her back she still wins. Any comments. Bozo included.

[ This Message was edited by: manygeese on 2002-12-28 00:42 ]
Old 30th December 2002, 02:00 PM

Manygeese,

I asked this same question quite a long time ago in someone else's post.

For me, class is the consistency factor, that the horse is able to win and win and win etc etc etc. It is measured by past history, as this indicates if it won or not. And one of the best known factors to measure class is the prizemoney it has earned.

Just like Tennis players and Golf players and Race Car drivers and even Chess players.
Old 30th December 2002, 08:37 PM

Thanks Frying Pan
I see API as a good guide but have never been able to find a "non dinky" way of using it. I.E. one Api is 10 and another 9.5. Such is not grounds for saying the 10 beats the 9.5. Or you can limit selections to top four API but then the fifth one might just below the fourth. Then you get your one scoop of the pool horse in a big race and no other wins. This doesn't equal consistency.
At the moment I am multiplying overall race time by the time taken for the last 600 metres dividing by race distance/10. This gives a figure of around 200. I call this lengths and subtract the beaten margin and allow five lengths for each 200 metres of race length distance to todays race and also subtract 1 second from dead track times, 2 from slow and 3 from heavy. I only bet on 1100 and 1200 metre races and only use the top four of DAVOS ratings. From this you can see I am trying to bring pace in as a class factor in shorter distance races. I have been using it for a month and 25% strike rate showing a profit. Over the spring carnival is where I started to believe it could be sensible where it got horses like Empress Waltz, Rubitano, Planchet in Melbourne. Also Cosmic Rays and Yogi Editions interstate and a few others.
Perhaps jockey is the other class factor I am trying to factor in not sure. Any further thoughts.

[ This Message was edited by: manygeese on 2002-12-30 21:38 ]
Old 31st December 2002, 08:37 AM

Manygeese,

Yes you are right, just looking at the top four api sometimes doesn't find a winner. There are other factors to watch out for as you know.

http://www.propun.com.au/forums/vie...ic=2489&forum=7

Brave Chief made the post above about creating class ratings.

Old 31st December 2002, 04:00 PM

Ta for the link Frying Pan

regards

Manygeese
Old 1st January 2003, 10:19 AM

Without having total belief in the selection methodology that probably no-one is able to follow, this afternoon's selections are Flemington race 3 3 Lock the Key and Flemington R6 8 Sir Chuckle. Sir Chuckle presented the problem of sectional time not being available. Usually use 35s for this. Have a 201 standard for 1200 m and Sir Chuck scrapes in at just over 201 with 35s. Allowing that his sectional was probably better than 35s see what happens. For 1400m there is FL R4 4 Runs on ego and EF R6 H1 Leroys Magic. Am yet to wager over 1200 metres. Just a bit of fun with a calculator.

Best wishes
MG
Old 4th January 2003, 10:45 AM

No horses rated fast enough this afternoon.
Old 11th January 2003, 08:52 AM

11-Jan -03

CF R1 4 Appian Way

CF R2 2 She's My Baby

MP R4 1 Crest Of Gold

CF R6 5 Sir Chuckle

GC R6 4 Wagstaffe

RH R6 4 Scottish Pride
Old 18th January 2003, 09:50 AM

Selections for 18 11 2003 in TYMAS4 (throw your money away system 4.) These are doozies only ridden by a little old lady on Sundays.

CF R2 3 Danzerani

EF R3 9 Sliding Downhill

RA R5 8 Desert Brave

CF R6 1 Titanic Jack

best wishes from manygeese