Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th March 2017, 01:51 PM

Default Weight of money system

I was looking at the activity for a selection of mine on Betfair a few minutes ago and noticed that it had 96% of all the money in the race on it. This was a few seconds before the jump and the horse was paying $1.33 for the win.

This means that just about every punter, amateur and professional, after analysing the race from all their multitude of methods, believed this horse would win.
It did win...

I know lots of people have favourites systems, I do, but weight of money, from a Betfair perspective, is something slightly different as the price is determined by the punters not the back end as in the tote.

I am curious if anyone has a system/ method where they just use the weight of money for the favourite as their guide to betting.

I am not sure how one would test this, either, without having a bot that captures the data a second or two before the jump for every race.

Anyhow... it was an interesting moment for me as I had never really looked at it from this angle.
I shall keep an eye on it :-)
Old 6th March 2017, 03:21 PM

ET, don't forget that 50% of that money is layers....ie people that don't want the horse to win.
Old 6th March 2017, 03:24 PM

Right now, Kooringal Star has 80% of all the t/o, in the last few minutes it's drifted from 1.60 to 1.80. What do you make of that.
Personally I make nothing of it.
And now $2.
And wins easily.

Last edited by Mark : 6th March 2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 6th March 2017, 08:47 PM

I have the data but no time to analyse it now. Will report back in a few days
Old 7th March 2017, 06:56 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Every Topic
I was looking at the activity for a selection of mine on Betfair a few minutes ago and noticed that it had 96% of all the money in the race on it. This was a few seconds before the jump and the horse was paying $1.33 for the win.

This means that just about every punter, amateur and professional, after analysing the race from all their multitude of methods, believed this horse would win.
It did win...

I know lots of people have favourites systems, I do, but weight of money, from a Betfair perspective, is something slightly different as the price is determined by the punters not the back end as in the tote.

I am curious if anyone has a system/ method where they just use the weight of money for the favourite as their guide to betting.

I am not sure how one would test this, either, without having a bot that captures the data a second or two before the jump for every race.

Anyhow... it was an interesting moment for me as I had never really looked at it from this angle.
I shall keep an eye on it :-)

Haven't looked into WOM myself, but if you have dynamic odds, you can add a column showing the total amount matched on each runner for many years going back, so easy enough to look back over the results, all races are listed in time order as well, so handy for you if you are looking for trialling a stop loss style system like you are fond of

I believe they have a free trial as well, so could be worth having a look at.
Old 8th March 2017, 10:17 PM

Talking

I have a bot which can track the price movement from n minutes ago to the present. I thought it would be easy to set up a trigger to back the late shorteners. It was easy but it didn't show a profit.