Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th February 2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
I've always wondered if you could get this type of thing to work. I guess some of the other options would be to take a lower % of the quaddie so your lay liabilities are lower etc and stick to pointy end of the market with your selections. Could you also possibly start on the daily double markets or the treble as well? Or is it the bigger payoffs of the quaddie that make it more appealing?

Could you attempt something similar with say other exotics like the First 4? Stand something out to win so that you can have more selections for 2nd/3rd/4th and lay it to break even or for a small profit if it loses? Obviously doing that you can lose both bets if your selection wins but you dont get all the placings but its almost like an insurance policy.

The biggest problem is price difference between tab and betfair, the price a runner is paying on the tab does have a relation to it's exotic payout, the difference between that price and the lay price can be quite significant and the further away from the fav the larger the difference, if you had a way of manipulating the market to bring the lay price closer to the tab win price then you could create a near risk free market.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 8th February 2016, 11:59 AM

The other option is also to use websites who offer 'best of' on exotics - although I have no clue if any or how many do this anymore. I know at one stage some bookies had best of or paid out the middle of 2 jurisdiction quaddies etc.
Old 8th February 2016, 04:05 PM

I just had a thought UB, couldn't you have the 'Field' race be any of the 4 legs that you want? I understand you prefer it to be the last leg so you can hedge with the approximates but surely it also makes sense to identify the roughest leg of the quaddie and make that your 'field' leg.

So you could do the last strategy on the first leg, your horse wins so quaddie remains alive, field 2nd leg so no laying required, then follow the lay strategy 3rd leg, and lets say it wins again you could then just lay your last selection appropriately in the last yeh?
Old 8th February 2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
I just had a thought UB, couldn't you have the 'Field' race be any of the 4 legs that you want? I understand you prefer it to be the last leg so you can hedge with the approximates but surely it also makes sense to identify the roughest leg of the quaddie and make that your 'field' leg.

So you could do the last strategy on the first leg, your horse wins so quaddie remains alive, field 2nd leg so no laying required, then follow the lay strategy 3rd leg, and lets say it wins again you could then just lay your last selection appropriately in the last yeh?

The best thing about the last leg as the field is that you can lay off those that will pay above your profit. You can see the payouts when only one leg is left.