Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th May 2002, 07:34 PM

Has anybody noticed that postings which include the word 'system' get far more viewings and replies than any other posting.

Lots and lots of members condemn systems as less than useless but what they fail to realise is that it is a system which is causing them to lose money.

Yes that's right, they do not lose money to a horse or dog, they are losing money to the 'Best system in the world' the one operated by the Bookmakers.

If they didn't have such a good system they would be as poor as the punter.

So please think again about having a system. You have to fight fire with fire!!!!!!!
Old 28th May 2002, 09:23 PM
Banned

Hi Roger,

Can you confirm this for me.... You are condoning systems aren't you. I re-read your post, then checked your othe rpost and I assume you are pro systems, but I guess it could be taken the other way.

Are you a place bettor? We have developed quite a gathering here of late. Personally I think the staking of your system is just as important as the system itself, your method must fit your betting sequences. You can really accelerate your bank if you know how to stake it.

I am starting to take an interest in the trifecta side of racing now, using my place selections as rovers. A guy called Cameron or Cam was developing a system, if he's still around I'd be interested to hear how it is going.

Placegetter
Old 29th May 2002, 03:08 AM

Hi Placegetter

In answer to your posting I can confirn that I do condone the use of systems in fact I feel they are essential.

However I personally only use mathematical systems because, as we all know, there are too many factors which effect systems based on form etc.

I am not into place betting at the moment but will look at anything.

Knowledge is power against the bookmaker.

[ This Message was edited by: Rogersanchi on 2002-05-29 04:08 ]
Old 30th May 2002, 09:39 PM
Banned

When you say mathematical systems, would this mean your selections are based on quantitative data like win strike rate, days, average prizemoney, days since last race etc??

As opposed to qualitative data like "that horse is a backmarker so the run of the race should suit".

How many selections a week would your particular system throw up? What sort of strike rate have you enjoyed recently?

Regards,

placegetter
Old 31st May 2002, 12:38 AM

Placegetter

Sorry to disappoint you but it is nothing as complicated and time consuming as that.

I simply back all the runners in a Greyhound race (our here that's 6) and simply manipulate the figures to ensure a profit for each race. So you see it is purely mathematical just like the bookmakers who I copied it from. Why try to reinvent the wheel?

It doesn't work with all races but I can generally average ten from our two morning meetings. There are 8 races in each meeting.

This means that I back the winner of every race I bet on of course.

[ This Message was edited by: Rogersanchi on 2002-05-31 01:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Rogersanchi on 2002-05-31 01:41 ]
Old 31st May 2002, 07:14 AM
Banned

Sounds great Roger. Good luck with it all. Not sure why you think the methodology I suggested is complicated. All the info you need is in the national racing papers each week.

Happy punting/speculating/investing (whatever the politically correct terminology is these days.)
Old 1st June 2002, 03:27 AM

Hi Placegetter

Thanks for your good wishes.

When I said complicated I meant in comparison to my system where you simply enter the odds.

Speak to you soon

Roger

P.S.
Was it you who e-mailed me after visiting my site offering to swap systems?
Old 1st June 2002, 07:45 AM

Isn't that just a Dutch book?
Many greyhound races have favs which are very short - how do you create a dutch book then?
Old 1st June 2002, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
P.S.
Was it you who e-mailed me after visiting my site offering to swap systems?

Roger, not me unfortunately. What is your website, I'll check it out anyway.

Placegetter
Old 1st June 2002, 10:29 AM

You can dutch book a race where the odds for all the horses are less than 100%. Therefore you must win.You only need to find these races. Apparently these races where the total win percentage of the horses/dogs is less than 100% do occur sometimes.There is no need to buy software for 999pounds as on the Guaranteed2win site.