Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd July 2001, 12:50 PM

Has anyone found a betting system that actually works?
I have tried lots of systems but I haven't found one yet.

PS.Some talked about huge profits too and sounded really convincing.

[ This Message was edited by: Cathy on 2001-07-25 10:44 ]
Old 23rd July 2001, 08:01 PM

I'm just like you Cathy. I haven't either. I would love to hear from someone who has a winning system.
Old 24th July 2001, 11:41 AM
jessica

I have tried all sorts of ideas and am always interested in other ideas.Anyone who emails me with a system I will send back some that I have collected.
Old 25th July 2001, 12:34 PM
pengo

At the moment there's no such thing as a computer program that will win at punting. No simple 'winning system', it's too complicated.

It boils down to this, you need to be able to frame a market. That is figure out the real odds of each horse winning the race. Then use this information to bet on horses which the bookies are paying higher odds for than your odds.

If you can I suggest you read Dr Turf's Guide to Better Punting (Penguin, probably out of print). Some of the stuff about the class system is out of date ( but you still need to know what classes are) but you will get a good idea about what you need to learn in order to become a winning punter. It also reviews the different kinds of services you can buy.

Services like this one (propun) don't offer systems, they do the form analysis for you and provide you with framed markets. The work is done by human form analysts, using their knowledge and intellect. I can't vouch for whether you will win money or not using their service, but you'll do a helluvalot better than using random guessing (like 99% of punters) or some computer generated crap.

Old 25th July 2001, 12:46 PM

I agree that 'systems' are just about all rubbish.
Most of them use retro-fitting. They look at the last couple of years results, find a whole bunch of long priced winners. See what they have in common, et voila. Then they write a program that does something like:
"back all horses whose trainer's middle name starts with a 'T' if the day is Thursday otherwise back all Brown horses whose Jockey's Mother's dog is called 'Spot' and who have a white patch and their nose ...
Old 25th July 2001, 02:51 PM
Steve

Hello
It would appear that it is possible to win at punting with a computer program check out these sites http://www.asiaweek.com/asiaweek/te....computing.html and http://www1.odt.co.nz/cgi-bin/getit...35801&type=html the thing is that these guys wouldnt share a program that is effectively a golden goose.
Yours Steve
Old 25th July 2001, 05:51 PM
pengo

Ha!
Well spotted.
The thing about Hong Kong is that it's a very large tote which allows electronic placement of bets.
Even with mediocre ratings for the fields you can win money by exploiting movements in the betting market. This is where I believe the real smarts of their system are. I think the '20 factors affecting form' are a red herring. Of course it's impossible to know for sure without seeing the software for ones self.
Old 29th July 2001, 09:00 PM

My winning system is very simple.
Find all horses ridden by jockeys who have come to a city meeting for only one ride.
Then use a bit of intelligence and you'll back winners.
I backed Steve Sharman at Moonee Valley on Saturday.
Old 2nd August 2001, 03:24 PM
imfubar

My system seems to be doing ok, i do not need a disc just apply a few basic factors, proper staking plan and min value that i am willing to accept.My 6 mth trial run is nearly complete. I am thinking of supplying it to people for free for 1 month and then charging them after they see that it works. Is this something that u would be interested is looking into.
Old 3rd August 2001, 05:28 PM

Well I'd be interested in seeing your results.Post your selections here before the races and show us how you go. This is always a good indication.If you don't want to do that email me the selections BEFORE the races so I can see how you go.