Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st January 2015, 07:33 AM
Banned

Question Bet Angel

Is anyone out there familiar with Bet Angel, specifically Laying at SP? I'm just trialling it and the excel integration seems great except for one thing? I'm pretty sure Gruss users are in the same boat?

Unlike Betfair's website where if you want to place a Lay bet for a liability of say $500 at SP, easy, click selection, nominate liability, Take SP.

With Bet Angel & Gruss, if you don't want to accept Exchange Lay prices, you place an out of the money order $1.01 on the exchange and Take SP if unmatched. That's simple enough BUT there's no provision to nominate a liability amount only a stake amount. So do I divide $500 by 0.01 = $50,000 and that is my stake?

I've had an answer similar before from CP but only with reference to a Back SP bet. I've posted the question on Bet Angel's forum, but can't get a knowledgeable response.
Old 21st January 2015, 10:42 AM

Hi RP,
In Excel it will always come up as stake.
You adjust from stake to liability in the actual program, so that the stake field becomes liability, only it still reads stake but actually places the lay bet at liability, if that makes sense.
Within the program itself you should have the option to select stake, liability or payout mode.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 21st January 2015, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Hi RP,
In Excel it will always come up as stake.
You adjust from stake to liability in the actual program, so that the stake field becomes liability, only it still reads stake but actually places the lay bet at liability, if that makes sense.
Within the program itself you should have the option to select stake, liability or payout mode.

Thanks CP, I'm not sure about Bet Angel? I've read the Gruss manual and I agree with you that you can change the settings outside of excel. I tried using the excel linked commands with Bet Angel this morning and for the $30 lay liability minimum, I had to put in $3,000 as a stake at 1.01. So my theory of $50k for $500 seems right. Maybe you're right, but I just haven't found it yet? Only one more thing to crack and that's getting the Global setting TAKE_ALL_SP to work as I still had to manually trigger that.

There was one other hiccup. I've sorted a formula to identify Harness v Gallops by searching the text string, but want to include Greyhounds on the same Worksheet which is a different market all together. It's just that my worksheet contains a huge array that the program 'Index Matches' based on code of racing, number of starters, 1st fave price and price rank of current selection. No FORM here, sorry! lol (refer to my thread "Nice one boys")

I'm pretty happy with the way it's all evolved over time, not having to employ a programmer and have fully/semi automated bet placement for all 3 codes. I prefer the semi as the edge is in timing bet placement based on prices a few seconds before the jump. I can also forget about my subscription to Dynamic Odds.
Old 24th January 2015, 05:54 PM
Banned

Today was the official launch of my Bet Angel dashboard. Only laying for a liability of $30 today, however I wish it was $500 as a great day and no issues. It's been a long haul to this point but now I'm semi automated for all 3 codes 24/7. The screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Bet-Ang-Screenshot.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  88.1 KB  
Old 26th January 2015, 06:33 AM

24/7 on everything !
wow!.
You have either created a money machine or a cash burner..
Hopefully the former and good luck.
Old 26th January 2015, 06:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussielongboat
24/7 on everything !
wow!.
You have either created a money machine or a cash burner..
Hopefully the former and good luck.

Hahahaa....yes, if I could stay awake that long! Forgot to add that bit.

Although the missus reckons that I only sleep 5 hrs a day, and at the computer the rest, so nearly.
Old 26th January 2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
Hahahaa....yes, if I could stay awake that long! Forgot to add that bit.

Although the missus reckons that I only sleep 5 hrs a day, and at the computer the rest, so nearly.

Wait till you get to the next step of complete automation.

That's where i got to by the end of 2014.
auto data
auto scratchings
auto bet placement in BF
auto results update during and after end of meeting

when you are betting 7 days per week from the first in NZ to the last in Europe it has to be automated.
Else you go mad ( or in my case - madder)

The only bets i put on manually are NZ, HK and sinagpore ( no real BF option)

as i said if you can get your thing to work.....