Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th March 2018, 12:22 AM

Default betting software

hi all just wondering what betting software everyone is using if any, and is it any good for Australian horse racing. iam using bfbot at the moment but finding out that it is very hard to automate any system using it with betfair. (betfair not showing win/place % of horses past runs and soo on
is there another way to place automated bets
Old 27th March 2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeans
hi all just wondering what betting software everyone is using if any, and is it any good for Australian horse racing. iam using bfbot at the moment but finding out that it is very hard to automate any system using it with betfair. (betfair not showing win/place % of horses past runs and soo on

I use custom written software.
Old 27th March 2018, 05:52 PM

that sounds like the way to go, but I wouldn't know where to start UB with programing that sort of software at the moment. iam trying to learn python/vba at the moment to scrape data and finding that hard, but will keep going
Old 27th March 2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Depending what you want to do, if you are any good at using excel i would suggest Gruss Betting Assistant, you can do almost anything you want.

For simple back if the price is right you can use the interface, i believe it has other things you can set but in all the years i have used it i mostly stuck with excel.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 27th March 2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Depending what you want to do, if you are any good at using excel i would suggest Gruss Betting Assistant, you can do almost anything you want.

For simple back if the price is right you can use the interface, i believe it has other things you can set but in all the years i have used it i mostly stuck with excel.

with gruss would be in the same position as thay use betfair, soo will get the same info from them.i am not sure what is the best way around it, maybe scrape a website for all the info I wont when use excel and bot to send bets to betfair.i feel a long learning curve coming
Old 27th March 2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
with gruss would be in the same position as thay use betfair, soo will get the same info from them.i am not sure what is the best way around it, maybe scrape a website for all the info I wont when use excel and bot to send bets to betfair.i feel a long learning curve coming

Your ahead of me, i need to learn a language for scraping but in saying that i can scrape a lot of sites now with excel, as far as betting in to anywhere except betfair i can't help with that.

Ubet site has a lot of info you could scrape, it works in excel as long as you are logged in.

There are a few other sites that are easy to access for now.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 27th March 2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Your ahead of me, i need to learn a language for scraping but in saying that i can scrape a lot of sites now with excel, as far as betting in to anywhere except betfair i can't help with that.

Ubet site has a lot of info you could scrape, it works in excel as long as you are logged in.

There are a few other sites that are easy to access for now.

did have a look at ubet as thay have the XML feed and scriped but i couldnt get it to work,maybe i did it wrong will have another go
Old 27th March 2018, 08:18 PM

Unfortunately when competing with the "big boys" you either need
1. a very large budget to get people to program for you
2. learn how to program and slowly chip away at them
3. Find a family member that can program and convince them to do it for you

The problem with learning to program is you need to learn so much for instance.
1. Learn a language and its basic principles
2. Learn the libraries you need to use in that language
3. Learn how to setup a database
4. Learn how to read and write to the database using the language (which generally involves learning another language which is SQL).
5. Learn how to deal with problems/errors/exceptions
6. Learn how to scrap web pages (HTML, Javascript, etc)
7. Learn the betfair and/or other betting agencies APIs (SOAP and REST)
8. Learn how to analyse data.
9. Finally start to write a system.

It takes years to learn the above to a competent level to program an advanced bot which makes money. But that is just about all you should need to learn.

It might take 2-3 years to get through all that stuff and 99% of people will fail to get that far. For the 1% of people there are rich rewards at the end of the rainbow.

The other option you have is to manually back/lay using your own brain and not automate anything. IN that case you just need to buy the right tools to allow you to easily analyse the data and also easily place bets. That is a respectable way to do it and a lot of peple make good money without a fancy automated program.
Old 28th March 2018, 09:16 AM

thanks for that UB I think you are right.will have to think long and hard about which way I go