Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th August 2015, 01:35 PM

Default My Journey to date

Hi all
Thought I'd let forumites know how I've come to where I am today. I've been punting on horses for over 50 years so I've been around a few dry waterholes. Back before computers up in Townsville we used to get the Sportsman and other racing papers not before the Friday morning so it was up 'til midnight and early Sat pouring over form. A lot of work for sometimes nil return. Then computers and here is where I have to give a very big thank you to Shaun. I've been using his spreadsheets since he was using Virtual Form for the form side of things and it is only since then and with his help once that I'm where I am today. I used to have the Ratings Bureau GTX program and that is where I developed some systems that I use today. I no longer have GTX mainly because I wasn't disciplined enough - my fault,not theirs. Since Shaun has given his spreadsheets freely I have incorporated six systems that I devised with GTX and I use them but only on Ratings 70 races and above. I back the top 2 as long as they are in the top 5 price ratings so I'm at the short end of the market. Today I have bet Coffs Race 6- Mt Isa Race 8 and Seymour Race 9. Like Shaun, wet tracks don't seem to bother me greatly. I can give my selections if you want - no secrets here.
Been looking at the posts and thought I should add something.
Old 6th August 2015, 02:26 PM

Red face

Awww,shucks,lol.

VF, gees those were the days of copy paste before i actually learned how to properly import my form from the web, i still have those old sheet from back then.

glad you are still making use of the sheets and putting the info to good use in making your own ratings.

The one thing i have always stated was that i was never supplying ratings but providing the knowledge for others to make there own life easier and hopefully profitable, next year will be 14 years on this forum for me, i was also one of the Original members on PA and was sad the day they sold it to that other place, what a waste that was, here is to the future, hope we can all make a dollar.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 6th August 2015, 03:00 PM

Yep those were the days all right. I learnt a lot from your sheets but one thing has me stumped to this day and that is web scraping. I've tried altering your code to import from other sites but too big a dummy I'm afraid. As I said I use the market with my ratings and I copy and paste from Puntingform for that. Couldn't get it any other way.
I use six systems divided into two groups and if the two groups agree on the top two selections and are are six points clear of the 3rd selection it's a bettable race for me. For instance I've got in order 1&3 in Seymour Race 9 and 3 is 6 clear of the third selection. As you see 1st and 2nd Fav.
Old 6th August 2015, 03:27 PM
Banned

Smile

Your on a winner there Surround.

Good luck.
Cheers
darky
Old 6th August 2015, 03:58 PM

Thanks Darky - but wasn't to be. Luckily I got the Coffs R6 and Isa R8 so saved the day. Actually picked Isa R1 & R2 but there was no value so didn't bet. Looks a slow day tomorrow - for me anyway.