Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th December 2007, 11:56 AM

Default 2KY Radio Tipsters & Quinellas

Hey

I was following MV yesterday and noticed that Brian Mcinstosh got the winner for the majority of races at MV, including the majority of quinellas.

After doing the sums, it would appear you'd be better off betting a quinella with his four tips each race. As I also did up how much you would have outlayed for the trifecta and quaddie (not flexi-betting) and you would have been at a loss for the trifecta and slight profit for the quaddie.

What's everyone's opinion on using the 2ky tipster tips? Has anyone found much success with them? My logic being that since they do nothing but study form day in day out they would know better than me.

And finally, I think the best bet strategy would be to use their tips and bet a 4 horse quienlla each race. As based on the data I've done up this shows a half decent profit for not much money outlayed, compared to the trifecta and quaddie.

Also to make things interesting you could do a parla formula or even running or daily double. For yesterday at least the tipster got winners for most of the races and so would have hit the running and daily doubles and not to mention winner in more than 2 successive races.
Old 30th December 2007, 01:52 PM

hmm, so far even tho the 2ky tipster for cranbourne has been getting the quinella, the return on the quinella has been more than what was outlayed ($6).

Guess its not so good when the favourites come in.

We will have to see how it goes for the whole meet.
Old 30th December 2007, 02:00 PM

2 things i know about x1 2ky tipster

For those in NSW that are aware of Newcastle's own Gary Harley. I have to turn off the radio when he does the mounting yard mail.
Every single race, without any miss he will say
"looks a million dollars in the yard"
not only annoying but i now dont believe it when there is one.
How can all these country tracks have all these horses that look like $1m? in EVERY race?
he would be good to sell a horse to.....overs everywhere
Old 30th December 2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengo
My logic being that since they do nothing but study form day in day out they would know better than me.

What on earth possessed you to say that?
They may have some inside info, which when leaked out, ruins the odds, that's all. If they were that good, do you think, they were out in the mounting yard day in day out smelling horse dung and talking rubbish, and getting hostile mail for getting it wrong? No way!
Old 30th December 2007, 02:44 PM

Dunno about all that?

Ron Dufficy for example. Lives in luxury in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. Doesnt need the media job 1 would think. Would assume he does it because he enjoys it. He can still punt at the track and earn a bit on the side whilst there.

He's very good, but still offers all his knowledge & does the mounting yard, horse dung thing.

I reckon he'd know more then Pengo.

When you ever see ongoing tallys from tipsters they are never in front.....and why would they be.......poor ************s are forced to pick in every race....nobody can be ahead doing that.
Get 2 or 3 tips off them per meeting and get out the tally board.
Old 30th December 2007, 03:36 PM

i think it was mentioned here in a thread that since they spend their time at the track all day and got nothing else to do, thats why they should be better than most.

guess that doesn't apply for all of the tipsters. Just thought the one for a particular track was the radio announcer... not the guest ones.

been tracking 2 tipsters today, they aren't doing as good as the guy that did monee valley yesterday. Will be interesting to see when that guy who dude MV when he is next up, if he continues his success.

Last edited by pengo : 30th December 2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 30th December 2007, 04:06 PM

you must have known creating this thread....

the poor fill in bloke at Mt Barker today calling them......worthy of going onto the NSW tab site and listening to the reply of that last race.
I believe the regular fella was sick and they found....well....someone!
Old 30th December 2007, 04:12 PM

listened to reply...funny....you can hear a bloke in the background trying to tell him the horses.
Old 30th December 2007, 04:17 PM

Must have known what exactly? I unlike some people, don't presume to know everything.

Matthew Hill got every quinella for all of the races at scone today. Will have to keep
an eye on him.

Last edited by pengo : 30th December 2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 30th December 2007, 04:27 PM

"you must have known creating this thread...."
= 2ky radio pengo....2ky radio & the commentator @ Mt Barker.

Wasnt being smart Pengo with your Quin tips....follow who you want. I was refering to you making a thread on 2KY radio and the 2ky radio call of Mt Barker today with the sick reg away.....

i also said that people like Dufficy can be of assistance as a 2ky tipster even though he doesnt need the job and prob knows more then you and all of us put together << was agreeing with you in taking their comments into account if you cant do it yourself

The smiley face thing << you can have your opinions on others ...time is the best guide.

Last edited by King Cugat : 30th December 2007 at 04:41 PM.