Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th June 2018, 11:56 AM

If investing $5000 is to get to the next level I'm out!

When you are ready to invest in the races .... start another forum post and we can compare results. I'm more than happy to put my selections out there.
Old 6th June 2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
If investing $5000 is to get to the next level I'm out!

When you are ready to invest in the races .... start another forum post and we can compare results. I'm more than happy to put my selections out there.

I'm not interested in a competition or who's got the biggest dick Vortech, that's playground stuff. I'll share where I'm at and happy to accept the barbs thrown at me.
Old 6th June 2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snert
I'm not interested in a competition or who's got the biggest dick Vortech, that's playground stuff. I'll share where I'm at and happy to accept the barbs thrown at me.

All hot wind!
Old 6th June 2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
All hot wind!

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I think Einstein said that Vortech.

Keep plugging away and "nearly" getting there lol ..... Ya might have a light bulb moment one of these days
Old 6th June 2018, 02:14 PM

At the end of the day different methods produce different results

i'm making profit which is all that matters.

I'm happy to provide the evidence of my selections to validate my profits. Its not a competition but more proof I am confident with my free research that I have a winning edge over the market.

You are just a infection that feds off your own words. One month you claim your are taking a break as its doing your head in and the next month you are paying an elite professor $5000 who from what I have read has taught you when to bet and how much.

Well new flash thats nothing new that hasn't been expressed before.

Anyhow.... its time to mute the pleb!
Old 6th June 2018, 02:57 PM

Vortech, I'd concentrate on your punting mate, you're wasting too much time measuring your private parts!

You mentioned you'd turned "one of my little system gems" into a winner. Concentrate on that Vortech, using experts like me to help you win
Old 6th June 2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Mark and UB are somewhat sceptical, and rightly so.

I believe Mark creates his own market using his expertise and previous experience ..... good for him.

Not even close.
Old 6th June 2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I've got a decent sized budget for this UB.

Thats a good start. NOt having the funds can be a problem.

Quote:
Swarm Intelligence and Wisdom of The Crowd has been discussed on here and it's certainly interesting. I'm into it at the moment, just started, and the twist is, and using the analogy of a stockmarket we're looking at stocks outside the top 20 to use as a base. We will pick up the BHP's but only as "a result of", the main thrust is to be exposed to where the value is in the market plus pick up some outliers.

Two of my favourite topics. Your analogy is interesting. It could be taken a million different ways. Would be interested in discussing it further (on or off the forum).

Quote:
My comment "wait until there's a pile of cash in the corner..." doesn't refer to unloading on Winx but rather finding extraordinary value on a consistent basis. The spin off from how much to wager and when to wager which was early on highlighted my need to be smarter (DUH!) which is what my gut was telling me and why I stopped a few months ago.

The key word in there is consistent. You need to be finding the value on a consistent basis to build your profits which is very doable.

Quote:
It's far more structured than my ramblings here, I'm enjoying it immensely, it's coming from a different angle to what's discussed on here. Anyway, I'll keep you lot updated and some of you entertained I guess. If I stopped this right now I'm so much better off now than what I was a few months ago.

Keep it coming. I like these sort of posts.

Quote:
Question: Would you have backed / layed / stayed out of Races 5 and 8 at MV last Saturday?

I probably didn't have to review my logs but I did. I was in both races and was laying selections. I had a lot more money on Race 8 then I did on Race 5 though.

Quote:
UB, as I understand is into programming, well I'd need another lifetime. Nuff said.

I agree that most people shouldn't try and do what I do because they could not compete with me. My data analysis skills are probably a lot more fine tuned in this domain then others and being able to program gives me an edge over 99% of other punters. I know that and I exploit it to my advantage.

Quote:
there's enough free information to digest before paying for it. Fair comment too, but I'm in a one on one class with an extremely intelligent, well respected person who's individualised this program to suit me.

Paying an expert isn't a guarantee that you will make a profit. But paying the right expert is always worthwhile. Its a shortcut to success if you can learn from their mistakes.

Its an interesting thread and I hope you keep posting interesting comments on your progress.
Old 7th June 2018, 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=Vortech]At the end of the day different methods produce different results

i'm making profit which is all that matters.

I'm happy to provide the evidence of my selections to validate my profits.]

Wouldn't be much point V, I have on several occasions posted samples of selections, staking plans etc that showed substantial profits (the most recent being my thread "A rare Tip") that caused the usual sarcasm after a few losers but absolute deafening silence after a $51 winner, (with a couple of exceptions) 2 x $29 winners, 2 x $23 winners, heaps of others and a massive POT all posted well B4 racing, so may as well keep it to yourself.

Last edited by partypooper : 7th June 2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 7th June 2018, 08:29 PM

Thanks UB, I'll keep in touch, might be a couple of weeks though as I've got quite a bit of reading to do, Swarm Intelligence and Wisdom of Crowds. I'm not sure how it's appropriate to what I'm looking for but I'm sure I'll find out, maybe how markets are set?