Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th February 2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog1
I'm risking a ban here, but no matter, I say it anyway.

So, you are still the leech you were many years ago when you milked punters for their systems by providing a "system test"?

Despicable.

You are entitled to your view, but considering it helped lots of people its interesting to see you had an opposing view. Hear me out but as I said you are entitled to your opinion and on what you think and feel.

Firstly, do you know many sites do this now and share it with other punters
and make a profit selling the system rules and system selections ? I never did that.

I was quite open that I stored the results of any tests done for myself to look through. It said it on the site. I never shared any information with anyone else. As has become more prevalent these days, free never means free as free means you are going to get something for providing a service and what you are getting is information. Having information puts you in the top 2% of punters and that was a smart way of me getting rapid information of what might work and what doesn't work.

Google offers a free search engine and sells your data. Facebook offers a free social media site and sell your data. In fact most sites show ads that collect data for offering free information on lots of topics. This was pretty much exactly the same expect I was very open that I would store the profitable systems for my own research and I wouldn't share the data.

That was years ago and I can guarantee 999/1000 of those systems were too basic and a waste of time. I now run models using machine learning and wouldn't use something as basic as those filters as they just don't work long term.

The turning point was understanding each race needs to be assessed differently and this cant be done with filters hence the ML models.

Anyway, hopefully you are still being profitable on the dogs as its been an interesting few months lately with them. Maybe you can see why offering a system tester is not as bad as you think it is, but as I said you are entitled to your opinion.

I hope your post doesn't result in a ban. There is nothing wrong with voicing your view and having an opinion. That is exactly what successful punters do every time they place a bet.
Old 7th February 2022, 07:12 AM

All good.
Old 14th February 2022, 12:42 AM

Still around, drifted to punters as it was at least active, mostly filled with average punters not so many thinkers, as with a couple other sites they decided to make it subscription so most of the people there moved to a couple different discord channels.

I had never used discord before, i like the feel, you will be happy to know UB i am still working with python, i still haven't created a database but i do use the free JSON feed from the Tab for my daily data, works pretty well.

It will be a shame when this place vanishes as there is still a lot of info here for people to learn from.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 14th February 2022, 10:14 AM

Hi Shaun,

Being a bit of a gamer I use discord a lot with mates for playing games and I believe that was its original purpose however seems like a lot of discussion based channels have opened up on there. There's some for punting, lots of crypto ones now and i'm sure there's plenty of other ones as well. This time last year when me and a mate were streaming punting tips on Twitch we started a discord channel as well for punters to join up to. Its been very inactive last 6 months but its something i'd like to get active again some day.

I have to say i'm starting to get to the point of being demoralised of trying to make a dollar on horse racing. I definitely feel like my excel recording approach is just not up to standard and I need to learn how to work with databases but it just seems like such a steep learning curve I just don't know if I have it in me.
Old 15th February 2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Hi Shaun,

Being a bit of a gamer I use discord a lot with mates for playing games and I believe that was its original purpose however seems like a lot of discussion based channels have opened up on there. There's some for punting, lots of crypto ones now and i'm sure there's plenty of other ones as well. This time last year when me and a mate were streaming punting tips on Twitch we started a discord channel as well for punters to join up to. Its been very inactive last 6 months but its something i'd like to get active again some day.

I have to say i'm starting to get to the point of being demoralised of trying to make a dollar on horse racing. I definitely feel like my excel recording approach is just not up to standard and I need to learn how to work with databases but it just seems like such a steep learning curve I just don't know if I have it in me.

Have sent you an email

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 15th February 2022, 10:59 PM

Have just replied Shaun, appreciate it.
Old 20th February 2022, 09:47 AM

Thumbs up

Was using Punters, but they now ask for money. Come here for Sportz racing comps, great for testing my plans.
Have a productive plan right now, but as we have discussed in the past these systems consistently run out of steam.
Attempting to keep my rules to 3 only, and using some breeding knowledge.