Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st October 2014, 06:56 PM

Default No Criticism of Commercial Products Allowed Here

A few days ago I started a topic here. I stated that the mathematics showed that a certain commercial product will not make a long term profit. For exercising my freedom of speech, the content was deleted and the topic title changed, and locked. That's disgraceful, yet totally legal, behaviour by this website.

Not realizing this had been done, I later answered a question on another topic from a forum member. In that answer I did not even mention the product's name, and mathematically detailed why the system would not produce a long term profit. For that, the content on my post was deleted, my account was temporarily banned and the thread was locked, preventing people here from exercising their freedom of speech by contributing "their" view.

Obviously, freedom of speech is BANNED on this website, unless your words show support and approval of all racing products.

You are BANNED from criticising any racing product on this website, because that could harm "reputations", "even if justified"..... yes those 4 words are actually used in the forum rules.

Clearly, this website is not the least bit interested in letting people "freely" discuss betting products. This does a disservice to freedom of information, and does a grave disservice to all readers.

Or .... do the readers and forum members here wish to be spoon fed racing propaganda designed to make money from them? Or do you wish to read "facts" from all sides, so you can decide for yourself based on factual information?

Maybe this website should migrate itself it to North Korea, it would be at peace there ..... happy in the knowledge that their Dear Leader Kim would fiercely enforce a strict "anti freedom of racing information" policy.

I will now see if I can delete my account from this "controlling" website, and good b l o o d y riddance. We need decent racing websites, ones that support freedom of information and freedom of speech. I notice the traffic on this forum is VERY low ... no wonder.
Old 21st October 2014, 07:16 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Glad I'm not alone on that viewpoint! Well put Baez
Old 21st October 2014, 08:29 PM

What is the point of a forum where people can come and discuss systems but then you aren't allowed to discuss the systems?

A Forum: an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest. (so long as you don't say anything about any product or person).

Not much of a "forum" then is it?

― Earl Nightingale
Old 21st October 2014, 09:50 PM

There are terms and conditions that you agree to when signing up.
Obviously people don't actually read those terms and conditions when signing up.
So there are numerous posts, outlining what can and cannot be discussed by management.
The rules are put in place by management, not because they want to be difficult, but because they have been victims of a court ruling (even when the post was justified). The judgement amount was significant.
If the money came out of your own pocket, perhaps you might think differently.

So go elsewhere and post your criticisms, but be very aware, that they can track your IP address, and not only the website owners, but you yourself might find yourself in Court paying out money.

That is the reason for the moderation, and that is the reason that you agree to abide by forum terms and conditions.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 21st October 2014, 09:57 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
be very aware, that they can track your IP address, and not only the website owners, but you yourself might find yourself in Court paying out money.

Just to add to it, beware! VPN is not a solution if you want to slander someone.
I merely adds few more hours to the discovery of your true IP, that's all.
Old 21st October 2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog1
Just to add to it, beware! VPN is not a solution if you want to slander someone.
I merely adds few more hours to the discovery of your true IP, that's all.

So is it slander when you point out mathematical facts now?

― Earl Nightingale
Old 21st October 2014, 10:26 PM

When you mention the name of a commercial entity - yes.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 22nd October 2014, 05:46 AM

So then why don't companies just watch the sites that allow people to write feedback on their products and hit them all with slander. Facebook, twitter, product review sites, complaint sites, etc.

The internet has come a long way and I haven't seen a case in court for a long time now over any of this stuff. It is now handled with take down requests and providing the webmasters complies they have nothing to fear.

For example notgoodenough.org is full of complaints.

On the same topic why hasn't the Pinnacle Australia thread been shut down as people are complaining in that thread about them ?
Old 22nd October 2014, 05:56 AM

Wink

If I remember correctly a few years ago the Moderator informed us that a posting here did not speak well of a certain betting agency and that the criticism was true and justified. The site was consequently sued by the agency who was successful and won the case. It does not seem right in a fair world but if I'm correct in my recollection we can understand the Moderator's harsh rule.
Old 22nd October 2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg
If I remember correctly a few years ago the Moderator informed us that a posting here did not speak well of a certain betting agency and that the criticism was true and justified. The site was consequently sued by the agency who was successful and won the case. It does not seem right in a fair world but if I'm correct in my recollection we can understand the Moderator's harsh rule.
In other words the site said they wouldn't remove the content and got hit by it, Courts are happy if you remove the content when requested and there would no action taken further by the agency. Sites are NOT responsible for what is written/posted providing they respond to take down requests.

UPDATE NOTE: Disregard what I wrote. I was wrong.

http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-shee...rs/#headingh312

Apparently Australian law is stupid and heavy handed so that sites can be liable for posters comments even if they take down the post. At least in the US responding to a take down request means they don't have to worry about being taken to court. That is not the case here.

Im actually surprised there are not more cases against facebook and google considering the rules in this country as everyone and anyone could sue them for anything they link to or their users post.