Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th June 2023, 03:07 AM

Default shauns old handicap database

Hi Shaun wondering if you can help old man of 72 .i have played with your database for years. sorry I have obliterated it but the original i couldn't download the form .Have tried ai but doesnt seem to work . i was wondering if you could have a look and point me in any direction Thanks
PS if any old hands can help really appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm test2.xlsm (216.7 KB, 991 views)

Last edited by angrymob : 8th June 2023 at 03:10 AM. Reason: to add something
Old 8th June 2023, 10:54 PM

Hi, That is a pretty old sheet, most of the websites have change and i have moved away from excel for form downloads, but if you click on the "One Drive" link in my signature you will find a file called "R2P.exe" this file is a ratings program i built that follows very similar lines as that sheet, there is an instruction Tab to help you understand how it works.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 9th June 2023, 02:16 AM

Default shauns old handicap database

HI Shaun,
and thanks for answering . One Drive" link in my signature .I have clicked on your name and no one drive comes up any chance of posting it in this link or how i get to your one drive.Thanks again for answering.I read you use to live in perth same here then you moved to Qld. I moved to Ecuador lol
Old 9th June 2023, 10:56 AM

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvPTpSl9kb-d61uoYe8VXU99dbpO?e=fX4tjT

Copy above link to a wb browser should let you download it.

--moeee
Old 9th June 2023, 02:31 PM

thanks Shaun will try it
Old 9th June 2023, 09:46 PM

HI Shaun thanks for sending info this is what came up when trying to run the file
unhandled exception in the script

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "R2P.py", line 1272, in
File "R2P.py", line 73, in timedate
File "R2P.py", line 82, in get_race_meetings
File "json\__init__.py", line 357, in loads
File "json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
File "json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I put it in ai chat this was answer
he error message you provided indicates a JSONDecodeError, which means there is an issue with decoding JSON data. The error specifically states that it was expecting a value at line 1, column 1 (char 0). This typically occurs when the JSON data you are trying to parse is empty or invalid.

To fix this error, you can try the following steps:

Verify the JSON data: Check the source of the JSON data and ensure that it is valid. Make sure the JSON data is not empty and follows the correct JSON syntax.

Validate the JSON data: Use a JSON validator or an online JSON formatter to validate the structure and syntax of the JSON data. This can help identify any potential errors or inconsistencies.

Ensure the file or API is providing the expected JSON data: If you are reading the JSON data from a file or an API, double-check that the source is providing the correct data. Confirm that the data being retrieved is not empty or corrupted.

Handle exceptions: Surround the code block where you are parsing the JSON data with a try-except block to catch the JSONDecodeError. This way, you can handle the error gracefully and provide appropriate feedback or fallback behavior in case of an error.

Here's an example of how you can use a try-except block to handle the JSONDecodeError:

python
Copy code
try:
# Code to parse JSON data
# ...
except json.decoder.JSONDecodeError as e:
print("Error decoding JSON data:", e)
# Handle the error or provide fallback behavior
# ...
By following these steps and handling the JSONDecodeError appropriately, you can troubleshoot and fix the issue in your code.
I don't understand any of it but once again thanks for replying and sending info
Ron
Old 10th November 2023, 07:46 PM

Hi Shaun, downloaded your "R2P.exe" program, I'am very impressed in the
work you put into it. I especially like your all 3 TABs divs available at the far right of the program.
I would love to have a standalone 3 TABs program like yours available where access more features Like: for all TAB meetings (all 3 codes),sky ratings, win & place divs & pools , Daily codes for meetings for batch betting etc.
The pools are still massive for the exotics I like betting into like Quaddies & First Fours.

I would be first in the queue & pay good money for a 3 TABs program with the above features & you should deservedly get paid for your hard work Shaun.
Old 19th November 2023, 12:57 PM

It's ok Shaun, another forum member Rob /Asta Tyne has helped me out with a 3 Tab's Scraper data into Excel.
The data I get is : Today's date,Daily codes for batch betting,Race number,Runner Number,Name, Sky rating,Fixed win,Fixed place & all 3 Tab's win & place Dividends & Pools.

I need this data to calculate my dutchbook exotics & then batch bet into Tab pools, unlike corporate bookies who have no batch betting & force you to take bad value combos.
I also like Tab's monthly activity statement they send out in easy to read format when downloaded into Excel & you get to see how you are performing.

Anyway I'am glad I visited this forum as I'am off & running with my dutchbook exotics thanks to Rob /Asta Tyne & his 3 Tab's Scraper data into Excel.
Just what I needed & am very happy with it.
Old 28th November 2023, 08:26 PM

Glad someone was able to help you out, yes all that data is available i just didn't need it at the time, to be host taking the time to learn some simple coding techniques can be very beneficial, youtube has some great sample and instructions.

--moeee