Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th September 2021, 02:57 AM

Default The mystery of Arsenal 2021

The New Arsenal is at or below mid table for the EPL and for my rating system. This week’s EPL opponent, Brighton, is above them in both tables and playing at home. Of course, my system has Brighton as favourite. The bookmakers have Old Arsenal as favourite, which is understandable as they have had some recent success and money will follow them. Which Arsenal will take to the pitch for the match? I think we need to watch Arsenal for a few more weeks to see which Arsenal is playing this season.

Good luck,

Ray Stefani
Old 5th October 2021, 05:25 AM

Default EPL Round 8

Round 8 will be played 16-18 October. In mid-week after Round 8, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester and West Ham will play cup matches. Their Round 8 matches are congested fixtures.

Good Luck,

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 8.doc (68.5 KB, 920 views)
Old 19th October 2021, 11:56 AM

Default EPL Round 9

Because there are Champions League and Europa League matches in mid-week just before Round 9 and then there are English League Cup matches in mid-week just after Round 9, there are only two matches in Round 9 without a congested fixture: Crystal Place vs Newcastle and Everton vs Watford.

Good luck to all,

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 9.doc (68.5 KB, 890 views)
Old 26th October 2021, 06:00 AM

Default EPL Round 10

Similar to last round, becasue of Champions League, Europa League and League Cup matches, only one match (Wolves vs Everton) is not congested. The many congested fixtures, huge upsets and upcoming holiday congested fixtures make for inarticulate ratings. I will post again after the holidays when I feel we are seeing some consistency.

All the best,

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 10.doc (68.5 KB, 883 views)
Old 27th October 2021, 06:13 PM

Thanks Ray. Any comments, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer situation.
Old 28th October 2021, 05:26 AM

Default Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands
Thanks Ray. Any comments, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer situation.

Over the years, I have spent a lot of time in Norway. It’s a country where they show immense respect for each other and work together in mutual cooperation. It is not a country where, when something goes wrong, someone is likely to take over and be critical of the source of the problem and fix it now. Instead, the problem would be cured over time, showing respect to all involved. They work as equals. Olle Gunnar Solskjær had his greatest success coaching in beautiful Molde where the players and he found solidarity.

He ought to sit down with Ronaldo and the two of them jump in there, tell everyone where the problems are and crack the whip until defence and everything else has improved. That is just not in his character as a Norwegian. He delegates. Man U probably needs a new leader who uses Ronaldo as an ally to light a fire under the team until they play like one.
Old 3rd November 2021, 05:31 PM

Default EPL Round 11

I decided to post my predictions for Round 11, since only four matches have congested fixtures, speaking of which, if you bet on all underdogs in Round 10 with all but one fixture being congested, you would have had an outrageous profit of 187%.

For Round 11, due to Champions League and Europa League action, Chelsea, Leicester, Man U, Man City, West Ham and Liverpool are involved in congested fixtures.

Cheers,

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 11.doc (68.5 KB, 846 views)
Old 9th November 2021, 07:10 AM

Default EPL Round 12 (sort of)

I thought I’d share one more set of (perilous) predictions, considering how chaotic this season has been. It made sense last season that, without fans, there would be no home advantage. so home and away teams had the same win-loss record. This season it makes no sense that home teams have a record of 40 wins, 40 losses and 30 draws. The early season rising superstar Brentford was mid-table last week with a goal difference of zero. They lost at home to bottom table Norwich, then having a goal difference of -22. That was odd for any rating system.

There will be five congested fixtures in round 12: Leicester-Chelsea, Liverpool-Arsenal, Man City-Everton, Watford-Man U and Wolves-West Ham. Because of the usual holiday EPL schedule, all matches for rounds 13-21 are congested. I will start sending predictions with round 22.

Happy holidays!

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 12.doc (68.5 KB, 842 views)
Old 7th December 2021, 10:52 AM

Default EPL round 16, all matches are congested fixtures

Even though all fixtures in round 16 are congested, I thought I'd let you know what the computer has to say.

Home advantage has jumped up since my last post. For rounds 11-15, the home teams have won 74% of the matches not drawn.

Good luck!

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 16.doc (69.5 KB, 760 views)
Old 14th December 2021, 04:23 AM

Default EPL Round 17

I am still trying hard to believe that in round 16 which had all of congested fixtures, my favourites won all 8 of the matches not drawn. The home teams continue to surge with 7 wins in 8 games not drawn.

Round 17 has all congested fixtures with the usual warning. I'd enjoy another surprisingly good set of predictions, but we'll see what actually happens at mid-week. I am not holding my breath.

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 17.doc (69.5 KB, 718 views)