Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 16th January 2016, 11:53 PM

Default Good things that just look like losers

Not really talking through my pocket again, as I had a saver bet on the eventual winner but do you know the phenomena? the Horse that just looks too god to be true, eg. one of my new systems indicated a good thing today, it was a mechanical system bet so that's it, but I did not like it at all ,.... it looked like an inexplicable loser to me ...... the Horse MR9-2 Rough Justice tipped to oblivion, and that's where it ended up...... in oblivion.

The winner, well a winner 3 starts back, now with the Man on board (C Williams) price available last night $26 win $6.60 the place?????? horse racing eh?
Old 24th January 2016, 12:30 AM

Yes, I have been looking at this but it's very hard to make it into a mechanical system, basically the idea is for the individual to determine this phenomenon, gee there was several examples today yes? so concentrate on 2nd & 3rd favs + savers, but have the main saver on the hot pot (i.e just enough to cover the dabbles on the others) I'm not sure yet if I can turn this into a long term winner but so far I've had some good results. The main thing is : don't try and make a profit from the hot pot, at best just break even. If you can't get set , then just pass the race....... plenty more to come!
Old 24th January 2016, 10:19 AM

Default Market move

I was very interested in this race because I also strongly fancied Rough Justice. However the market went very cold on the horse and it drifted and ran accordingly. Despite what people may think the market is right a large percentage of the time, right enough times that you are silly if you do not pay attention to it.
Old 25th January 2016, 02:38 AM

Superimpose, thanks for your input, yes that's what I mean, they look like undef eatable winners, but they keep on getting beat, and what is more amazingly they seem to not run a place even??????

Thats why I'm advocating, basically laying them in the sense of covering at least 2nd and 3rd favs, but saving on the hot pot??? IF it works
Old 25th January 2016, 07:42 AM

That is definitely one way to attack it, never forget there is always more than one way to skin a cat.
I have made a good income from backing favourites for almost 20yrs, identifying the correct favourites is the key. A little tip, favourites that are not in the first 3 for average prizemoney win less than the favourites average of around 30%
Old 25th January 2016, 10:19 AM
Banned

Smile

Hi Super Impose,
Great to get your input.
My approach is much the same as yours and incindetally of most Pro punters I,ve met.
The Market is a great indicator.
Cheers
darky
Old 25th January 2016, 09:02 PM

Smile

I am not a Pro, I do have a full time job and the missus wont let me give it up. Although she does enjoy the extra spondula.....anyway.
After many years of testing/analyzing found what works for me. Thing is most average punters would not do what I do - too boring. But it has been funny/interesting reading some of the stuff on here. Odd diamond amongst a lot of rocks.
Old 25th January 2016, 10:57 PM

Too true, but of course the serious stuff is very boring requiring infinite patience (as you know) in my case even more so, cos my bread and butter is place betting, I break that boredom with a few daft systems usually have a very small stake Canadian just to keep me keen, I've had 4 out 5 several times, but one day!..... one day.
Old 26th January 2016, 07:30 AM

Hats off to you partypooper - you do need patience and long term view to finish in front but that place betting takes patience beyond most mere mortals.
For anyone that is interested, Fast Approaching and Durendal look like favs worth investing in today.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:43 AM

Sounds weird but I think there is actually a lay method here, like the opposite to what you see/hear all the time (like longshots) I mean when you're wrong with the long shots you are VERY VERY wrong, whereas when you're wrong about the hot pot,..... well, not much harm done! look for one in the head lines, the real certainty (hardly ever wins).......... well not enough anyway!!

Otherwise it would be the Bookies that are broke instead of US!

2 recently Rough Justice, Durendal ??????

Last edited by partypooper : 28th January 2016 at 12:46 AM.