Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd November 2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Sorry for all the question.

There is no problem asking questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

Added in a few more systems (4 systems) today to full bet sizes. They have finished their trial periods. There was 2 systems removed as they did not perform to expectations. They will be monitored going forward for re-inclusion.
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Yes its all live monitoring. Its all automated so I do nothing. I record my result for each day from midnight to midnight as the account balance is checked every couple of minutes all day long and recorded.

I live monitor at least 500+ systems. I have disabled quite a few too which have recorded for about 3 years and were not good enough.

Cheers for that, i know i need to get away from excel and more into python for data collection, it's just hard to move away from a familiar program.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 3rd November 2019, 09:54 PM

I collected some data for this week, 40 races bet, 35 winning 5 losing, doesn't sound bad but when you are aiming for between 5% and 20% a race losses have a big impact, now this is a small sample i know but i think i was a bit greedy, 4 of those losers were above the original 15% mark i had been testing on, my thinking was what would 5% extra matter, well maybe it does.

I plan to reduce back to 15% but will monitor up to 20% to see if any change, i also want to monitor not stopping at a winner to see how that fairs.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 4th November 2019, 03:02 PM

Hi UB,

Sorry its taken a while to respond back to you, the last few weeks for me have been crazy. Appreciate your response and what you've mapped out is essentially what im aiming for, just gradually increasing my bankroll and bet sizing to the point that I can turnover more and create that passive side income.

As a bit of an update my NBA betting has been absolutely ridiculous so far. I was away for a few days so missed a couple of betting days but so far I've bet 7 days for +45 units with average turnover of about $500 a day. These returns have exceeded my expectations but I do feel like I've certainly got an edge with what I'm doing, its just more a matter of how long until I start getting restricted with the bookies I'm betting with.

Fortunately for all of my sports betting (both NBA and other sports) I'm generally betting on the line so I can take out the 3, 5 or 10 biggest winners and its not going to have a huge adverse effect on my profit. I'll continue to keep you guys updated on my progress, hopefully I can continue the success on this NBA and increase my turnover further in the new year.
Old 4th November 2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I collected some data for this week, 40 races bet, 35 winning 5 losing, doesn't sound bad but when you are aiming for between 5% and 20% a race losses have a big impact, now this is a small sample i know but i think i was a bit greedy, 4 of those losers were above the original 15% mark i had been testing on, my thinking was what would 5% extra matter, well maybe it does.

I plan to reduce back to 15% but will monitor up to 20% to see if any change, i also want to monitor not stopping at a winner to see how that fairs.

Shaun, your on the right track. Just keep at it and get the strike rate up to 99%. Easier said than done.
Old 4th November 2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
I'll continue to keep you guys updated on my progress, hopefully I can continue the success on this NBA and increase my turnover further in the new year.

Great work in the NBA which is a notoriously efficient market.

Definitely keep us posted on the progress.
Old 6th November 2019, 03:56 PM

Quick update, mate of mine that has been betting on the same NBA plays as me has already been limited by one of the bookies to $5 stakes. This is after winning just $500 profit and only betting on the NBA over the last 2 weeks with $25 stakes.

Both of us were relatively surprised at how quick they limited his account particularly as he bets on some other markets with that bookie and generally loses or breaks even on those other markets. Makes me wonder how long i've got until I get limited and also means we're searching for some other options for the selections. Unfortunately its player prop betting which essentially rules out betfair so chances are once we milk a few of the bookies for profit that this system/approach will become defunct as we won't be able to bet it anymore.

Will continue to keep you guys up to date, may even get to the point where we simply sell the picks and let others bet them until they get limited as well but thats some time off for now.
Old 6th November 2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Quick update, mate of mine that has been betting on the same NBA plays as me has already been limited by one of the bookies to $5 stakes. This is after winning just $500 profit and only betting on the NBA over the last 2 weeks with $25 stakes.

Both of us were relatively surprised at how quick they limited his account particularly as he bets on some other markets with that bookie and generally loses or breaks even on those other markets. Makes me wonder how long i've got until I get limited and also means we're searching for some other options for the selections. Unfortunately its player prop betting which essentially rules out betfair so chances are once we milk a few of the bookies for profit that this system/approach will become defunct as we won't be able to bet it anymore.

Will continue to keep you guys up to date, may even get to the point where we simply sell the picks and let others bet them until they get limited as well but thats some time off for now.

If you beat the finishing odds line on these you will get flagged. So if you are getting value odds on it all the time they will quickly work it out by comparing to the final odds. if your odds are 90% higher than this (just picked a random number there but if the majority of your odds are higher than the final odds) then you will be flagged and restricted.