Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd June 2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
you are getting a great service free of any cost.
A service yes. A great service, I don't think so. Maybe beton, you haven't spent as much time working with Neural systems as others on here.

Granted, some parts of R&S could be classed as a great service, but not all.

Old 13th June 2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
The most successful business model is to go out of your way to provide a free service. The people that appreciate this then go on to pay for other aspects of the business model. Provide something free without strings attached then you are a good guy. Air your frustrations great but remember that at the end of the day you are getting a great service free of any cost.

Every now and then .. a post that stands head and shoulders above the rest and still rings true, years later.

FULL MARKS

Cheers LG
Old 25th June 2016, 07:42 AM

Thumbs up

Agree LG, ventured back to R & S and was pleasantly surprised by information that they are still providing.Plenty of great data if you search for and understand it's usefulness it.
Old 25th June 2016, 09:34 AM

Smile

I've been using the R & S for Nz races for 1 1/2 yr now, (except saturdays - loss)

Also using a "bookies" selections since start year,

Just have to suss out the good bets ..
Old 26th June 2016, 08:31 PM

I also use this for the Japan racing (my bets been on another forum for all this time too as well as Nz -no longer there from last week-!!)

Have a look at tonight's (tattsbets only) R8-R12
Had 3 bets, 1 winner $4.60

Overall since sept last year, a fantastic % pot and 34% strike.

Free ideas on the net, use your head to make your own system.
Old 8th July 2020, 12:40 PM

Smile

been spending some time looking at old threads as per neurals and also worksheets [both on racingandsports site]..posters such as garyf,michaelg,try try again and uselessbettor have put up some top posts about them..just wondering if anyone else have some settings which they use and willing to share?..good punting and [more important] good health to all ..cheers TOG
Old 10th July 2020, 06:46 PM

Thumbs up

Couldn't make them work myself TOG, but there seems to be merit in the CP, CF and JT columns.
Most winners seem to be in the first few in these columns, sometimes in more than one column.
Never seem to be able to line them up to get it in to profit though.
Good luck anyhow.
Old 10th July 2020, 09:11 PM

Smile

thanks jose for the reply ..yes those columns you mentioned came up a lot in the posts i came across..a few years back at the "club" [local watering hole]....one of the chaps had a good run[for awhile] in backing top neurals which were 100pts ahead of 2rd pick and also odds-on priced on worksheets ...sure good strike rate but was mostly short-priced favs..plus with those 2 rules only a few bets each month..saturday ,melb and syd. only. came the run of outs then he dropped off....thanks again ..TOG...
Old 12th July 2020, 10:38 AM

I did a lot of analysis with the neural's on R+S.

I would suggest not bothering with them as they are not going to be profitable. There are niche cases where they work but they are hard to find.

Instead look at the ratings sheet which as EST, 12M, BL3, etc. These are much better if you combine them with some form analysis.

I use EST, 12M and BL3. I don't worry about LSR.

What you need to do is look at the ratings for the horse at the same distance, same track condition, same field size, (there are a few more but you can come up with what you like). This gives you a baseline of what you think is the base rating for this horse. it may be the same as EST or completely different. It should also give you a range of ratings that the horse is likely to produce. For example even though EST may be 30 you might find at this distance it usually produces a rating of 28-30 and on good tracks it produces a rating 29-34 and in similar field sizes it produces ratings of 26-29. This gives us a range of the horse producing a rating of 26 - 34. You can do this for all horses and now you have a range of ratings for each horse. You can then compare these and look across the last few races to determine if this horse is going to improve and run at the top of those ratings or whether it might struggle and run in the lower area of the ratings. This should give you a good idea of the chances to dutch to make a profit.

I hope that helps.
Old 12th July 2020, 11:14 AM

Smile

UB.....very good analysis...thank you ....TOG....