Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th June 2018, 07:02 PM
Vortech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snert
I've posted a couple of systems that show a profit. Here's another one.

Maiden, 4 to 6 years old, first up and favourite on Provincial tracks.

Showing a profit from the year 2000.

Do you have the stats on this one Snert?

Just need
Bets / Wins / Average Div / Max Divident

Cheers
Old 9th June 2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
Do you have the stats on this one Snert?

Just need
Bets / Wins / Average Div / Max Divident

Cheers

I'll do better than that Vortech, I'll give you a good read. The book is called Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds. I'm always here to help you, you know that! This book might just give you an insight into an area you've never researched, and it's an important area Vortech. I read it many, many years ago and it's relevant!
Old 9th June 2018, 08:20 PM

Mechanical systems do work, so do ratings, so does backing Lonhro, Black Caviar, Winx, Northerly, Frankel for their entire careers.
Not all mechanical systems work, just as not all ratings work, it's how it's applied and what is taken into account.
I have mechanical systems that have worked since 1998.

And a wee plug for databases, you can export the data to excel or SQL and add in anything else you want from any other site. It takes work to make a profit.

A system is only as good as the data included and there are tests that can be performed as mentioned before to tell whether a system is any good or not.

Then there's the debate "when is a system a system, when does it transition from a system to something else." It's also how one defines a system.

Horses starting with the letter F or jockeys wearing pom poms is not a system, it's a blind strike me lucky method that may bring home the bacon one day and that's about the best one can hope for.

A database is simply another tool, how one uses it, will determine success or failure. The same applies to ratings.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/10/2018
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 9th June 2018, 08:48 PM
Vortech

Quote:
I'll do better than that Vortech, I'll give you a good read. The book is called Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds. I'm always here to help you, you know that! This book might just give you an insight into an area you've never researched, and it's an important area Vortech. I read it many, many years ago and it's relevant!

Where is the book available
Old 9th June 2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
Where is the book available

Vortech, on second thoughts, your tenuous grasp of the english language and all it's complexities such as grammar, punctuations, sentence structure and so on leaves you extremely vulnerable to be able to interpret anything more complex than Bib and Bob! Maybe leave books for grown ups, or at the least until you've mastered joined up writing and are ready for the next step
Old 9th June 2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Vortech, on second thoughts, your tenuous grasp of the english language and all it's complexities such as grammar, punctuations, sentence structure and so on leaves you extremely vulnerable to be able to interpret anything more complex than Bib and Bob! Maybe leave books for grown ups, or at the least until you've mastered joined up writing and are ready for the next step

No room for bullies or small minded twats on here I'm thinking .. enough of them out there in the real world to have to tolerate them in here. We don't deserve your smart mouth. Move on, imbecile.

LG

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 9th June 2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 9th June 2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
No room for bullies or small minded twats on here I'm thinking .. enough of them out there in the real world to have to tolerate them in here. We don't deserve your smart mouth. Move on, imbecile.

LG

So I'm a bully, a small minded twat with a smart mouth and an imbecile. Mate ..... there's an ignore button on here somewhere, surely. Why don't you use it? Please keep posting Lord Greystroke and encourage Vortech to do the same
Old 9th June 2018, 11:32 PM

BTW Lord Greystroke, the book I recommended earlier on is a genuine book, and a very, very good read. The author is Charles Mackay. Strangely enough, my current situation has me studying Swarm Intelligence and Wisdom of Crowds!

Funny old world isn't it?
Old 10th June 2018, 05:55 AM
Vortech

Quote:

I just wanted the figures on the relevant system you suggested. Are you able to do so?
Old 10th June 2018, 06:03 AM
Vortech

Quote:

Just a suggestion

"it's" should be its.
"grown ups: requires a hyphen.