Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th August 2004, 07:18 PM

I'm seriously considering giving this site a big miss. Apart from a few, no-one seems inteseted in sharing thoughts or ideas. There are obviously haundreds of lurkers (non-contributors) who don't wish to contribute.

What have we got? TEN (at the most) regular contributors?
Old 27th August 2004, 07:49 PM

hi bn, know what you mean mate, after 1st finding this site i gave it a miss for 6 months or so, but then came back & started reading a lot of the old posts, which probably is still the only real value of this site.

these days i just find myself coming back here out of habit, but (this is an edit) still havent found any forum that offers more, so i guess it's just the nature of the beast, punters(gamblers) being the people that they are.

[ This Message was edited by: davez on 2004-08-27 20:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: davez on 2004-08-27 21:29 ]
Old 27th August 2004, 08:21 PM

Butternut
Thank you for your posts. whether you believe it or not the forum is a two way street. You are using it as a two way street. the fact that it is not responding to your prompts in the manner that you expect or desire is not the fault of the forum, the contributors or the users of the forum. It is just that you haven't tweaked the right buttons.

Reading the old posts every now and again an odd contributors fronts up with something out of the left field which is of benefit to all. There are also contributors that lurked in the background for six months or more before coming a contributing member. Some out there just need nuturing and a bit of coaxing. You are searching for that elusive angle that is easy to select has a high strike rate with excellent dividends. That angle has to come from a different area of thinking. Better prompting without the armthrowing may produce this and it may be shared. Or the person who has that secret angle may twig that he or she has something and say "why should I share because all I got was bagged for learning".

Please keep prompting at least for your own sake a good percentage of what you post is educational to others and some no doubt educational to yourself.

Regards Beton
Old 27th August 2004, 08:42 PM

also & this has just occurred to me, (being the dimwit I am :smile: ), that on any given day the majority of people most likely to contribute to such a forum have blown a bit of cash, a little, a lot, whatever & from personal experience I want to share my thoughts after such a day as much as I want to go & thank the bookie who’s got me rent.