Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th April 2020, 09:24 AM

Default Keeping it simple

I have a simple system. No bank as such required just deposit enough to last the day. Top up next day if needed. No form to do, no value to worry about. Place bets at any time after the previous race is given the all clear.
level stakes for each race determined by float.
All you need is winners. My selections are made by a combination of numbers that consistently perform.
This method of betting is not the most profitable nor scalable beyond a certain point but it requires a lot less in funds and is hassle free.
My first go at using OneDrive. If the excel sheet does not display properly please comment.
I also have full years results for 2011,2012,2018,2019 and first 4 Months of 2013 and Last 6 months of 21017 (in one file)
If the first upload is ok and there is interest in the larger file, I will download that on OneDrive
I have loaded this year. I only do Saturday metro Melbourne.
You might if nothing else find the file useful for keeping track of your own bets.

Cheers Gritz

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkkPRpJgJqYGi00EtFK-ZAgrG5tm?e=M1TGex
Old 8th April 2020, 09:46 AM

Seems I have not loaded this correctly.
Others show OneDrive symbol and you can open it directly in excel
Any one point me in the right direction?
Gritz
Old 9th April 2020, 04:41 PM

Gritz,

No offence, but you have a total of 3 posts and have posted a link to an excel spreadsheet on one drive which could have any hidden nasty viruses.

I'll have to steer clear of the file.

In relation to your "system". Without diving into any details it sounds like you are trying to keep it simple which is a good thing but it reads like you have kept it too simple. If you treat punting as a business you will do much better than treating it like an amateur. I have very simple systems. I can give you quite a few 1 rule systems that make money every year. I don't bet them though and I never will. Finding a system that works is easy, following it is much harder so you need to match your systems to your personality.

I wish you luck in your simple system going forward and hope it works out well for you.
Old 10th April 2020, 07:37 AM

U.B. So, based on 3 posts you came to a conclusion that I am an amateur. You have been quick
to judge. Donít be so quick to judge lest you be judged

Have been punting and posting on forums for a lot longer than you have and have likely
placed more bets. I started punting in the early sixties and bought my first computer in late
1970ís a Tandy TR80 and learnt to peek and poke. Excel was first made for the Mac so in 1985
bought a Mackintosh to run excel for data storage and testing systems.
Enough history!

Joined Betfair: 27 May 06

My blog:

Last 6 months activity
Forum posts:
Comments:

Favourite
Bought Gruss subscription as well some time after joining Betfair.

Now for the simple system This system overcomes many problems a system punter has__
1. Has a high market win rate, eliminates long losing runs
2. Commission can be a a killer of systems. Many bets in a market reduces commission.
3. Makes it easy to place bets and keep track. You can see what is going on at a glance.
4. Shows how to manage money. So if you do run into a bad run you donít give it all back.
5. Shows the number 1 asset you can have in punting, COMPOUNDING! To win big you need to
do it by compounding the profits.
6. Shows betting continually increases when on a good run and rapidly decreases during a run of outs.
7. The selections are not random, they have been developed over a period of at least a dozen years,
using mostly logic and a little subjectivity.

I only decided to try OneDrive because of limitations on file size allowed on this site. One file of 5 years of result and its workout is 7.4mb

You can get a virus in excel but is usually through the use of macroís. Have sent and downloaded
more files than I would be able to count. Never been a problem. Have opened excel files posted on
this site without a thought. My computer is sandboxed and all files I send do not have macroís.

I chose this system to post becauseóif I decide to post pre-race selections the results and the bets would be easy to verify. Myself, I bet differently I use % betting of price to a float of varying amounts
depending on a rating and bet on most of the runners as long as my return on my prime bets is bigger
than the outlay.

First rule in life is that you canít trust anyone
What a way to go through life, it is better to trust but verify.

Cheers Gritz
Old 10th April 2020, 04:46 PM

Gritz,

My comment about 3 posts was more about the attachment to a spreadsheet which could have viruses. Its just a warning sign when you see someone with low posts providing links to attachments. No offence. I was just pointing that out as I would not open the attachment as a precaution.

I didn't mean to offend. All I had to respond to (as I won't open an excel spreadsheet from someone with 3 posts ) was the few phrases in the post.

If you post how the spreadsheet is coded, or the rules of what you are doing and do some explanation in a post then I can comment some more, but until then I'll leave you to it.

Again no offence, as I said I hope your system works well for you and is profitable.
Old 12th April 2020, 12:56 PM

Any luck on updating the link? Doesn't work if I try go to the onedrive link.
Old 13th April 2020, 06:26 AM

I think I have sorted this link correctly.
Best to open in excel to use, just to look in browser
It is a .xlsm file with no macro's. The file mostly uses named ranges.
The named ranges are pasted in sheet- Information, that sheet will show all formula's

I hope it all works this time

One Drive

Gritz
Old 13th April 2020, 06:53 AM

Working but not how I envisaged. Does not show option to open directly into
Excel. Maybe I need to put the file in a folder or something'

If you have OneDrive and are signed in you will have the option to load in excel application.

Any experts out there to instruct or point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Gritz
Old 13th April 2020, 08:50 AM

Post removed. Flaming.

Last edited by Moderator 2 : 13th April 2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 16th April 2020, 11:23 PM

Not sure how involved your sheet is but you might try recreating it in google sheets, you could then share a link to that.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee