Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd July 2020, 08:49 AM

Default GTX Winline

Hi Guys

Just wondering is there anybody here who has or is using the GTX Winline program.

Mick
Old 24th July 2020, 08:56 PM

Sorry Mick no I don't use it.
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:05 AM

I have used it in the past .

It cost me $5,000 at the time.

Would have to be the most sophisticated piece of horse racing analysis software in the world.

I got cheesed off when they decided to upgrade their software , making my existing platform defunct.

Therefore would have to fork out another few thousand for the new format because all the existing programs, would not operate any more.

Man! Was I filthy with them...they offered a lousy 10% discount on the new format.

I was running over 100 systems at once.
Had a 21% SR & a 20% POT
All systems combined using TAB prices at the time.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:24 AM

That it is a very sophisticated program.
Virtually 10 different ranking programs into 1 with thousands of other criteria inputs to select winners.
Problem I am having with it is that the operators will not give you any guidance on a basic selection values to what works and what doesn't.
I got 3 & 1/2 years of data. Set up what I thought was a few good systems producing an average of $17k per month to find out that what worked in the past, will not work in the future as it has failed the last 6 weeks.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:40 AM

Hi Bhagwan

Is there any chance you could send me your system files .xgs from the GTX program so I can get my head around what works and what doesn't as this program is really doing my head in.

michaelbuild@bigpond.com

Thanks

Mick
Old 4th August 2020, 08:42 AM

I don't have them any more.

But I can offer you some tips on how to improve any of the systems you are creating.

Tip one - Target runners that are 3.25+ in their preposts market.
This was one very powerful rule that improved most systems.
In other words, pretend runners between $2.20-3.20 in pre-post, don't exist.

Tip two - Must be in the first five in name order of pre-post market.

Tip three - Target races where their Pre-post Fav is 2.20+

Tip four - Once you have sorted out a system that appears to work. Then test it in batches of 150 selections, say 3 batches of 150. This is to try &
a picture of a pattern or an anomaly.

Tip five - Try targeting fields of 5-9 runners. this tends to improve the SR, making sure your min acceptable pre-post price is $3.25+

Tip six - Try & use Betfair instead of TAB , there is a huge difference in prices on form horse.

Tip seven - Do not double up on bets mentioned 2+ times because of other systems tipping the same horse. Just because it is mentioned twice , does not mean it has twice the chance of winning....Very important.

Hope this helps in some way.
It is frustrating how it can be totally different when betting for real, thats why its important to narrow down its fields of reference so a repeat pattern is more likely e.g. First 5 in pre-post market.

The challenging bit is trying to keep the rules as few as possible. that way there is a greater chance of the pattern repeating itself.
Old 5th August 2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Mick
That it is a very sophisticated program.
Virtually 10 different ranking programs into 1 with thousands of other criteria inputs to select winners.
Problem I am having with it is that the operators will not give you any guidance on a basic selection values to what works and what doesn't.
I got 3 & 1/2 years of data. Set up what I thought was a few good systems producing an average of $17k per month to find out that what worked in the past, will not work in the future as it has failed the last 6 weeks.

Well that sounds like backfitting.
Old 5th August 2020, 09:47 PM

Smile

mick123....you said your method/systems have failed the last 6 weeks?? you didnt say how many selections....but i think ONLY 6 weeks is to far short a "test period" for any method.....use a longer time period with NO REAL MONEY.....then have a look ..dont know how old you are but take it from me ****70s] been there done that ..chin up battle on ..to everyone else keep safe during this health crisis...more so here in vic...
Old 17th August 2020, 03:24 PM

The Oldguy
Keeping the same systems in play and watching the outcome as I am sure that it's just a down turn in the systems.
The systems were analysed up to the end of June and set in motion for July/August - Saturday only. Outcome to date is 188 bets 41 wins 22% SR $100 flat bet = $2020 loss Longest losing run was 24
For 42 month prior the systems were analysed with an average return of 45% SR and average $17k profit per month on a $100 flat bet. Longest losing run average was 7 The month of June produced 134 bets 61 wins 46% SR $20680 profit with $100 flat bet

Bhagwan
A few good ideas there that I have tested and they do minimize loss. That's what this program is all about, max winners and minimal bets. I do have other systems in play that are working well with an average 46% SR
I wish I could use Betfair but I am stuck with the TAB. I got banned from Betfair using a BOT program that was making to much money, That's why I have found another program to work with.

Last edited by 123Mick : 17th August 2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 17th August 2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Mick
The Oldguy

I wish I could use Betfair but I am stuck with the TAB. I got banned from Betfair using a BOT program that was making to much money, That's why I have found another program to work with.

You should contact Betfair. They certainly don't ban you for making too much money. Quite the opposite in fact.