Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th October 2001, 07:20 PM

I was told about a method the other day which relies upon taking two or three of the shortest priced horses in the field to win with the horses next in the market for second and third.

In my opinion that trifecta method and any similar method based upon taking short priced favourites to win with other popular tote horses MUST LOSE long term, irrespective of whether computer software is involved.

The reason is you are getting poor value because you are doing what the majority of tote punters are doing -- taking short priced tote combinations.

Just look at the odds of short priced tote horses in Sydney on a Saturday compared with the much better odds available in the bookies betting ring to see what I mean.

To give yourself a chance of winning long term and overcoming the tote takeout you have to take combinations which plenty of tote punters leave alone. If not, you'll fare like most tote punters - lose long term.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Logic on 2001-10-09 20:23 ]