Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th August 2001, 08:15 AM

WHY WOULD DAZZA FLY DOWN TO WET AND WINDY MELBOURNE FOR 4 RIDES??? USTINOV RACE 3 FRANJELICA RACE 4 AND UMRUM RACE 5 ALSO KAEMESS RACE 6 HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN A FULL BOOK OF RIIDES IN SYDNEY AWAY TO DO IT WHY. WHY ,WHY, AT LEAST ONE OF THEM MUST OF GOT DAZZA A BIT EXITED BUT WITCH ONE??? I THINK IF WE BACK THE FIRST 2 EACH WAY WE MIGHT GET THE CASH USTINOV COULD BE THE ONE GANG, ANYWAY WE WILL ALL KNOW TOMORROW GOOD LUCK PHANTOM//////
Old 27th August 2001, 03:11 PM

Phantom,
i would have thought the answer to your question about Mr Beadman coming down to "wet and windy" Melbourne as you put it, was bleeding obvious, he is getting prepared
for what everyone one knows in Australia and the world for that matter, is the greatest horse racing carnival in our fair land.Maybe he should bring Tie the knot and Gai down here, while not under estimating their brilliance in Sydney, their record in Melbourne average to say the least.
Old 28th August 2001, 05:45 PM

Mr Phantom,
I think you totally missed my point about Gai and tie the knot. i know she is the pride of ********ney, but when she comes down here and tie the knot for that matter, there record here is absolutely shocking.I dont want to keep them, we dont want, or need them, we just want them to actually come and win at least something. Maybe our feature races are a little tough for them, but what i can tell you is that the Wycheproof Cup, is run on the Saturday before the Race that stops the nation, maybe they would find that a little more suitable. Just to clarify, this is no reflection on Guy Walter, just his horse (who has a Melbourne jockey on him) that is only a champion in your town.
Old 29th August 2001, 12:28 PM

storm,
My humble opinion. Top 10 horses in the 90's/2000's in no particular order are Better Loosen Up, Octagonal, Saintly, Vo Rogue, Super Impose, Let's Elope, Might And Power, Sunline, Rough Habit, Tie The Knot.
That's 3 Melbourne, 4 Sydney, 2 NZ and 1 Qld.
Melbourne horse has not won the Cox Plate since Super in '92. Often only 2 or 3 get a run.
I think Melbourne racing has superior depth to Sydney racing but at the top of the heap Sydney horses win a disproportionate number of Group One's.
P.S. Probably the best horse out of Melbourne in the last 3 seasons, Testa Rossa has won less G1's in Sydney than Sydney's best Tie The Knot has in Melbourne.
Old 29th August 2001, 02:57 PM

Phantom,
Technically you are right about Tie the knot winning more G1 races in Melb than Testa has won in Sydney but what i would have a closer look at is Tie the knot has contested 11 G1 races here, a quick rundown 2 Yallumbas 3rd & 2nd, 2 Cox Plates 9th & 2nd, 2 Mackinnons 8th & 5th, 1 Underwood 1st, 1 Caulfield cup 3rd, 1 Derby 2nd and 2 Melb Cups 6th & 14th, Testa in Sydney G1 races, 1 George Ryder 11th, not very good Testa, but you hardly had the chance to prove your self.
Old 29th August 2001, 06:58 PM

storm,
I think by your stats you have just shown that Tie The Knot is not such a Melbourne dud after all - 1 win 5 placings and a tragedy beaten in the Melbourne Cup.
Old 30th August 2001, 09:07 AM

Mr Magic,
First point, i was refering to how many wins he's had in G1 races in Melbourne not placings, 2nd point, i'm sure connections
of the horse find these placings adequate, but 11 attempts at G1 level for 1 win, i'm sure they are wondering what they have to do to get that second G1. 3rd point, i am not denying he is a champion horse, in Sydney, what i have said is his winning form in Melbourne is'nt what it could or should be, after all, most people will remember who won the race not who came second or third.
Old 30th August 2001, 04:44 PM

storm,
Would like to hear your response to the poor performance of Melbourne horses at elite level over the last 7 or 8 years as referred to in my earlier post.
Old 31st August 2001, 09:29 AM

Magic,
I'm sure there are plenty of Melbourne horses that have'nt performed in the past and there will be plenty in the future.I am only making my assesment based on the facts that are as plain as day for all to see, if you disagree, fine, that's entirely up to you. Obviously you are a fan of the horse, there is no other reason why you would stick up for him as you are, when his G1 winning record here is less than complimentary compared with Sydney. if you feel compelled to let me know about these Melbourne horses please do and if the facts are as clear cut as mine you will get no argument from me.Unlike your good self, I can admit when certain horses, are not up to certain tasks. At least not to date anyway.