Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 16th October 2002, 04:17 AM

Here`s an idea that coud be cost effective in races with 9 & less runnerst bet 3 runners for 1st.& 2nd. with the field for 3rd.
3*3*F
Outlay.
9-$42
8-$36
7-$30
Old 16th October 2002, 10:46 AM

Hi guys!I am new to this(and computers)so please bear with me!In reply to Puntz:Malcom Knowles has another book called Trifecta Betting and Handicapping,which is still available from Racebooks Australia.As they have recently moved from Canberra to Wollongong I am not sure of the adress,but if you go to http://www.inracing.com.au you can email Malcom personally.I purchased this book a few years ago,and he threw in some free software withit!!!It is a brilliant study of trifecta betting,and an updated version of the one you were seeking.I cannot recommend it(or malcom)highly enough,and I gaurantee it will change the way you approach trifecta betting forever!!If you were to combine his principles with the propun ratings,I guarantee you will never look back!As to my own line of thought,I will never take a short priced favourite to win in a trifecta combination,the reason being that many punters will stand it out to win and base there other selections around it.In fields of up to 12 it only costs $66 to stand out the favourite with the fieldxfield at a half unit,well within the reach of many small punters hoping for the fav to win and two roughies to fill the placings,thus eliminating any value at all!I have found over time that if the fav runs third,the divvies are better,but if it runs 1or 2 you get huge unders.It is better to leave the fav out altogether.Sure,the runs of outs will be longer,but at least when you hit one it is worth it.If you pick your races wisely i.e.where you think it is a false fav and the rest of the herd doesn't,they will overbet it,opening the gate for a really good divvie,because the pool will be full of mug money.This is blatantly obvious on Melbourne Cup day,when the pools are enormous on trifectas with once a year mug money!That is the day to have a go!Sorry about being so long winded,I'll try to keep it shorter next time!Cheers,and good punting!!!!
Old 20th October 2002, 08:22 AM
puntz

Ange1416
Thanks for the link.

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2002-12-04 18:15 ]
Old 22nd October 2002, 12:19 PM

angel416,

You stated in your post regarding the book "Trifecta Betting and Handicapping:
Quote:
I purchased this book a few years ago,and he threw in some free software withit!!!It is a brilliant study of trifecta betting,and an updated version of the one you were seeking.I cannot recommend it(or malcom)highly enough,and I gaurantee it will change the way you approach trifecta betting forever!!If you were to combine his principles with the propun ratings,I guarantee you will never look back!
Unquote

When you say "propun ratings", do you mean the free ratings that propun has for Saturday racing or the ratings from the propun packages?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks & cheers
Big Louie

Old 23rd October 2002, 05:57 AM
puntz

deleted

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2003-02-07 23:36 ]
Old 23rd October 2002, 10:38 AM

Biglouie....I suggested using the Propun ratings as a valuable aid in your selection process.I suggest that it would be better to subscribe to one of the services.I intend to do so in the near future.The actual book will take you through a selection criteria,but I like to add my own ideas to the equation!I do sometimes access the free ratings,mainly to see if I have left a horse out that the guys at Propun have given a chance to that I have not! I do not do this on a regular basis,as I believe that this the best racing site on the net and I do not wish to be seen as a freeloader!!!