Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd August 2002, 07:40 AM

hi all

re the $99 tipping service being plugged on this forum.

please forgive my pessimisim, but are we really expected to pay $99 to see one week's past results and on that basis form an opinion of the worth of this service.

after all the comment re "racing tipping services" i have read on this and other forums, just maybe we should see a few tips prior to the event. i can't see too many punters on this forum parting with their hard earned on this sort of deal.

dare we ask for past tab betting results as a starter for proof of legitimacy?

regards

dinodog

Old 3rd August 2002, 09:32 AM

This service commenced operating last Saturday. That means prior results were not available to the public and so are not provided.

It is a common marketing ploy to provide a list of invented past results and then start marketing the service.

That is not happening here. Results will be updated each week - after 10 weeks there will be 10 weeks of results.

The ratings for this service are not being given away for free, though the pricing substantially undercuts others.

It is also intended to make the information available on the internet for any single Saturday for a small fee.
Old 3rd August 2002, 09:35 AM

"long road", "manikato" etc...the contents of your post have been deleted.

You as a person have been restricted from posting on this privately owned forum for persistent breaches of Terms of Use, antagonising others and making the forum unpleasant.

By persisting to post under new user names you are treading a very thin, thawing, icy path.

You have been warned.

[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-08-03 11:26 ]
Old 3rd August 2002, 12:21 PM

hi quapi

thanks for the reply.

i appreciate the service only just beginning, and therefore having little in the way of results.

my comments were meant more as a critique of the marketing ploy. everyone is keen to know the tips before the event to persuade them that the service is 1. good and 2. above board. not that i'm suggesting any wrong doing, but purely from the sales perspective , there can be no question if the tips for a few weeks were known in advance.

i can follow the service by "after the event" results for a few weeks and still not be happy all is well. but given the opportunity to follow tips upfront how can i complain.

for the sake of a few weeks tips, you'll have more punters onside, than by hoping they'll pay to see.

regards

dinodog