Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st March 2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
The Ocho - did you ever win a million dollars on Poker? - Even play money?

No. I used to be what they called a bonus whore just going to different poker rooms and playing for the sign up and reload bonuses until the terms became stricter and you had to play a lot more hands to win anything.

It was a bit like my trading as I turned $12 into $3000 over a year or two (I actually don't remember how long now ops" ), took some money out to set up my garden railway and other things, but then tried to play on my merits. Suffice to say I had $50 left when I started my horse racing and Betfair adventure first time around.

I still play a sit n go 4 or 5 nights a week currently for the grand buy in of 11 cents (or 30 cents if I'm feeling adventurous).

I finished 2nd one night in a pub league once (with 66 players). Only won points though.

Have you won that much moeee?

― Earl Nightingale
Old 1st March 2013, 10:21 PM
Suspended

No I haven't Ocho.
I don't even play Poker , but i did used to about 6 years ago , but only so I could chat up the sheilas online.

But I tell you one thing.
I pretty sure i worked it out one time.
If I had back every cent I lost on the horses and dogs over all my Life , It would be mighty close to a million dollars , if not more.
And that was when a million dollars was actually worth a million dollars.
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs
I've got a 22 year old son who has quite an amazing talent when it comes to poker but he's finding it real tough listening to his old man when it comes to money management. I've seen him turn miniscule amounts of money in to thousands only to get up the next morning and see it gone.

I don't know much about poker but I'm sure the money management aspect is pretty similar to the strategies all you semi and professional punters use on here and I'd be real grateful for any comments, advice etc that I can show him from others rather than his ol' man being in his ear all the time. He just might believe a few people that have been there done that over many years.

The reason I ask right now is because he's very recently come to live at home again for a few months and because he wanted to pay his way whilst he was here (he lost his job and refuses point blank to go on the rock and roll) he threw me 50 bucks and asked me to put it in his 888 Poker account via my bank account which I did.

In less than 24 hours he's turned that in to $73K (I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it for myself) so this time I'd love him to keep it rather than thinking he's 10 foot tall and bullet proof.

I know this is not about horse racing but I'd be very grateful for any money management comments so maybe he will listen to seasoned professionals.

If there's one thing I've learned it's this. Everyone has their own individual personality, your son has his, and it's his personality that enables him to win at poker. It's a unique talent. If he changes as you want him to then he won't be doing the thing (conscious and subconscious) that enables him to win. It smacks of arrogance that there are people who cannot win at poker that are only too willing to provide advice to someone who can. And before you say that money management isn't part of winning at poker, or what we're talking about here ..... take a few minutes to have a think first.
Old 2nd March 2013, 12:48 PM

I doubt he'll change much Barny. He's been playing around on my account on Zynga Poker the last few days, I had about 220,000 chips in there, I look at it the next morning and there's 575 million, morning after that 13,000 lol. "I was just trying to get you a billion Dad" and the usual cheesy grin .
Old 2nd March 2013, 02:08 PM

Red face

" If I had back every cent I lost on the horses and dogs over all my Life "

I could win a small casket and still be behind them.
Sad but true.
Old 10th August 2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM SHARNTEE
Hi macs

Any chance of an update to this incrdible story.
Cheers
Old 10th August 2013, 10:53 AM

OH that was macs. For some reason in another thread I thought it was kiwi.

I too would like to know what happened macs.

― Earl Nightingale