Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th April 2016, 05:46 PM

Default What to do when your bet size affects the odds

This is probably the wrong place to ask this but I know there are a few big punters out there who might read and respond.

Odds are always influenced by the weight of money. Even exchange odds on betfair. I'm looking for anyone who has a similar problem to provide possible solutions.

The size of my bets are affecting the odds. I either need to push up the exchange bet to be first in line (or close to) or if the unmatched amount goes to betfair SP the odds can move dramatically.

To limit this I am trying a few different things :

1. Trickle the money onto the exchange with small bets ($200 at a time)and get what I can early. Anything unmatched is sent to Betfair SP.

2. Put in a limit Betfair SP for the whole amount with the odds specificed (min/max).

3. Combine 1 and 2 by trickling in the amounts and then possibly cancelling the bet 20 secs before jump. If I have an outstanding amount I make a decision on the odds and decide to cancel all bets and then then apply betfair SP limit bet (min/max) or I leave it to go to SP at any odds.

My problem is your limited to 1000 transactions an hour and cancels count as a transaction. I am getting close to that 1000 transactions so I can't just go with option 3 (which is the best result option).

Anyone got advice on other bet placement strategies. I think this covers the only ones I can think of using betfair.
Old 20th April 2016, 07:00 AM

My only thought is a second account, am not sure if the transaction per hour are based on the account as a single or linked to other accounts like the premium charge, i am not saying you are trying to ********** betfair by doing this but using a loophole to your advantage, worth looking in to.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee