Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th January 2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
Is it easy to let us know the strike rate on those three barriers Marcus. The reason I ask is that the further in the barrier the less the return apparantly. I wonder if that is because the inner barriers have won less or are just overbet.

cheers,

KV

Hi KV!
I can do better than that, by answering the question Stix actually asked, ie. No 14 on non metro tracks.
Tab No. 14
Barrier 2 Qualify 481 winners 36 Return $433.60
Barrier 7 Qualify 493 winners 40 Return $523.40 (one winner of $140.20)
Barrier 14 Qualify 416 winners 29 Return $664.40 (one winner of $132.10)
So, in actual fact barrier 14, on non metro tracks would turn a profit even if one would disregard the 100/1 winner.
You can work out the S/R from the above.
Cheers
Old 28th January 2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus25
So, in actual fact barrier 14, on non metro tracks would turn a profit even if one would disregard the 100/1 winner.
Cheers

Ahhh... another happy ending.

Thanks Marcus.
Old 30th January 2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Always happy to check out oddball requests.
Thanks Marcus25

I thought I'd throw that one out there.... Hey it's just a bit of fun.... others seem to be very dour and cynical......

Appreciate the time & effort.......

Thanks again!
Old 3rd February 2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Hi KV!
I can do better than that, by answering the question Stix actually asked, ie. No 14 on non metro tracks.
Tab No. 14
Barrier 2 Qualify 481 winners 36 Return $433.60
Barrier 7 Qualify 493 winners 40 Return $523.40 (one winner of $140.20)
Barrier 14 Qualify 416 winners 29 Return $664.40 (one winner of $132.10)
You can work out the S/R from the above.
Cheers
Marcus25

What format does your database produce the results? i.e Does it give you date of each race?

Just wondering If I could get a copy of the results if they provide a date for the runner/winner (obviously I can find the results for that day pretty easy)..... just wondering

Thanks In Advance
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix
Marcus25

What format does your database produce the results? i.e Does it give you date of each race?

Just wondering If I could get a copy of the results if they provide a date for the runner/winner (obviously I can find the results for that day pretty easy)..... just wondering

Thanks In Advance

Hi Stix!
They are in Oracle tables, but I put it into Excel for you.
Why do you want it?
Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: xls b2win.xls (16.0 KB, 248 views)
File Type: xls b7win.xls (16.5 KB, 212 views)
File Type: xls b14win.xls (14.5 KB, 218 views)
Old 3rd February 2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Hi Stix!
They are in Oracle tables, but I put it into Excel for you.
Why do you want it?
Cheers
Thanks Marcus

Appreciate the effort.

As for Why?.... I'm just interested in the winners form before and the what sort of divys they landed at.... just curious.

Thanks Again Fella!
Old 3rd February 2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks Marcus

Appreciate the effort.

As for Why?.... I'm just interested in the winners form before and the what sort of divys they landed at.... just curious.

Thanks Again Fella!

Sorry! but to my way of thinking, this system of selecting horses is about as scientific as buying a mistery trifecta entry, less even.
I think drawing one Tab number out of a hat and than looking at the Jock, trainer, the distance etc. and if you don't like any of them leaving the race alone, (not drawing an other number mind you) would produce a better profit and a far better strikerate.
Fun is fun, but there is absolutely no reason why a Tab No. barrier No. combination would do any better than any other selection method. On the other hand if it makes you feel good go ahead, enjoy.
Cheers
Old 3rd February 2006, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry! but to my way of thinking, this system of selecting horses is about as scientific as buying a mistery trifecta entry, less even.
I think drawing one Tab number out of a hat and than looking at the Jock, trainer, the distance etc. and if you don't like any of them leaving the race alone, (not drawing an other number mind you) would produce a better profit and a far better strikerate.
Fun is fun, but there is absolutely no reason why a Tab No. barrier No. combination would do any better than any other selection method. On the other hand if it makes you feel good go ahead, enjoy.
Cheers
I know exactly where you are comming from Marcus.

As I said at the start of the thread it was another member that posted the 14 from 14 method as a "fun" bet.... I'm no different, I was just interested in the results and it appears that it may be a rare (lucky ?) animal in that it has turned a profit (int the test period at least!).

I'm certainly not suggesting you could follow it or expect to make any type of profit from it...... I myself use a dart board rather than the hat approach....LOL

I have kept a history for the past 2-3 months as a "hobby".... and I have a $1 e/way bet on them.... sometimes I'll go an exacta for $3 (got Dansiqe 14/12 @ $179 Sparking Lion 7/12 @ $101) which has helped and has turned out to be a lucky "fun bet"...... and the profit has found itself into my "serious" account

Just as a further little query (hoping I'm not stretching the friendship here ) but how may qualifiers have there been from 1/1/2004 ?? Just that TABONLINE only goes to this date..... I know NSW and others go back further,b ut they are a pain in the a to use !!

Cheers and Thanks Heaps
Old 6th February 2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I
Just as a further little query (hoping I'm not stretching the friendship here ) but how may qualifiers have there been from 1/1/2004 ?? Just that TABONLINE only goes to this date..... I know NSW and others go back further,b ut they are a pain in the a to use !!

Cheers and Thanks Heaps

.... yep, must of stretched it toooo far..... sorry
Old 7th February 2006, 12:58 AM
poomas

I've just had a look at this on 2000-current data. I've selected TAB 14, Barrier 14 in fields of 14+, which gives a different result to what Marcus posted. I assume he hasn't worried about field size. Using NSW TAB dividends I get:

Selections: 866
Winners: 39
S/R: 4.5% (!!)
Return: $974.80